Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't consider Smoker's Haven as important, but only because they don't produce many blends and it's difficult to obtain them. It would be a challenge to maintain a smoking habit based entirely on Smoker's Haven stock

Valid points that I did not consider. I didn't think about that. Besides, the blends they offer that I love are commissioned to be made by another house.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
My recommendation for Burley would be Uhle or Watch City over Peretti. YMMV.

I'm a little surprised you don't have a similar reaction the Uhle's burleys. Their straight burley Blend 00 and Perfection Plug both seem to have some sort of sweet topping. Not bad at all, but noticeable. It gives Uhle's a bit of a codger feel. For my taste buds, C&D's burleys have more of the flavors I'm looking for (i.e. unsweet, full flavored, and a hint of bitter).

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
I just called Peretti's this afternoon, and here's the scoop regarding the tobacco ban. They said they can't say for certain how this ban will affect them, but as they read it now, they think they would have to stop selling about 50% of their blends. I imagine it would be similar for Watch City.

The bill has been passed by the legislature, and is awaiting the governor's signature. They encouraged me to call or email the governor, which I did. Here's the email address:

Email the Governor's Office - https://www.mass.gov/forms/email-the-governors-office

I'll put this in the Tobacco Legislation sub-forum, as well.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Jan 27, 2020
I just called Peretti's this afternoon, and here's the scoop regarding the tobacco ban. They said they can't say for certain how this ban will affect them, but as they read it now, they think they would have to stop selling about 50% of their blends. I imagine it would be similar for Watch City.

The bill has been passed by the legislature, and is awaiting the governor's signature. They encouraged me to call or email the governor, which I did. Here's the email address:

Email the Governor's Office - https://www.mass.gov/forms/email-the-governors-office

I'll put this in the Tobacco Legislation sub-forum, as well.

Any update in regards back to this and how it has effected Peretti and Watch City?

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
No Name is a very good facsimile of old Mixture 79, better than current Mixture 79.

None of their English Sampler -- British, Century, Royal, Omega -- stood out to me. They were all good, but not great.

Reactions: BROBS
Jan 27, 2020
Just received my small order and had a bowl of Park Square, extreamly haooy with it and thanks again to the OP for posting about it. Will be ordering more once my finances are more steady.

Edit: think this was the wrong Peretti thread but regardless... Park Square!

Reactions: BROBS

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I really enjoyed their Scottish Flake & No. 8 Slice when they were sourcing their tobaccos from McClelland though I have not tried them since McClelland closed up shop, I still hear very good things about the No.8 Slice.

For something different and very old school heavily perfumed blends, I enjoy No Name and Original Mixture. Obviously these are very polarizing blends though.

Cuban Mixture was nice but a bit too light for my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.