PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
So I decided to smoke nothing but LJ Peretti blends during November.
Ordered up 15 different blends.
Used my '93 Peterson B5 Red Spigot and my Savinelli 316Ex as test pipes. Both of these pipes smoke really well.

So far , my favorites are:
Black Virginia
Ebony Cavendish
Midnight
Thanksgiving Day
Blend 432
London Flake

Also tried:
Blend No. 52
Cuban Mixture
Tashkent
Royal
Prince of Wales
Coffee
Boston's Best Cavendish
Belmont
No Name

I am becoming a big Peretti fan. All of their blends burn very well and they all seem to be No Bite (maybe, just maybe, I am getting better at slowing my technique and learning tio sip it).

I usually dry out most of my other tobacco (C&D, MacBaren,Sutliff, GL Pease), but I have found that I really don't have to dry out the Perettis. They smoke well straight out of the package 9I have transferred all into small ball jars).

I am trying to get used to the Burleys which seem to burn really well, but I often don't like the after taste so much. I am not big on nicotine and I have read that Burleys are higher in nicotine (??) so may stay away from them. I seem to like anything with latakia and sometimes perique if just for flavor.

Judging by my list, I guess I am partial to aromatics.

Now that I have some favorites, I think I will order some 8oz paint cans along with the Yuletide. I emailed Peretti today and they said Yuletide is now available.

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
Their British blend is so far the only English blend that I get a hankering for. I’m mainly a Virginia VaPer smoker and British is heavy on matured reds with enough Perique to tingle the nose. Latakia is always present but always along side the VaPer never over powering.

That and, of course, their #8 slice a VaPerBur are real favourites of mine!

Cheer to Peretti!

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Nice! Still haven't tried any Peretti tobaccos yet, but they're on my list. Gotta love tobacco shops that still do their own blends.

As for burleys, it is true they tend to be higher in nicotine than most other non fire-cured varietals. C&D burleys in particular are pretty stout, IMO. That said, there are some that are on the milder side. I'd recommend Watch City Slices and Amphora Burley Blend as two examples that deliver a nice burley flavor without a big wallop.

Reactions: oldguyoldpipes

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
Don't see yuletide on the site yet

I emailed them and they said it was available by telephone order. I plan to do an order from them after Thanksgiving, so will update then. I have had CC problems with their website in the past, but no problems with the CC when doing a telephone order.
They are friendly when you know exactly what blend and quantity you want. Before I call them, I write down the blend and quantity before hand on a list and just read it off. They are happy as larks when you do it this way. Pretty much like my days in USMC: Get it and Go, Get it and Go.

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
Thanks I called them today and they advised it will not be available until after Thanksgiving. Thanks for bringing it up I pulled out some form last year and will be lighting it up soon. One of the few aros I enjoy

Reactions: oldguyoldpipes
Status
Not open for further replies.