PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I tried some Hearth & Home tobacco from the box pass last night, which was called, "Daybreak" which is described as an English blend. I did a search on here but didn't find a dedicated English blend thread. So list your favorite English and if possible explain why it is.

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
i have only recently begin to partake of english blends--experience limited to two, but i did enjoy 1776 Tavern Blend--after 50 years i seem to have finally outgrown my allergy to latakia (severe headache)

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
For me, it's a large list... Some that come to mind are: Luxury English,

Standard Mixture Medium, 1776 Tavern, Richmond Blender's Choice, NightCap,

Skiff, Royalty and Anniversary.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
Rattrays 3 Noggins is one that Im partial to....Or is that a Scottish blend? Either way, I like it!

I also enjoy Altadis' Fox & Hound.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
John Aylesbury Latakia Classic English blend.

1776 Tavern (just got my sample yesterday, and am certainly going to be ordering more soon!)

I mostly have aromatics, because they are what I started upon. Of late (these past few weeks) I have discovered that I far prefer a good English. It's just so...traditional!

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
Top English for me would be MacBaron's "The Solent Mixture". Why, is it is the perfect mix of ingredients without the latakia dominating. It also has a nice room note not making any enemies.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I certainly didn't think Frog Morton was an English blend. I tried it and it seemed like it was 90% cigar leaf. Thanks for all the other suggestions....here I go again...buying more baccy. I just went out yesterday to my local B&M and bought some Penzance.....very nice, now I want to try all the others.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
oh, which others of the above blends taste like cigars?...besides Frog Morton I don't like that at all....even if Einstein did love the blackest, nastiest cigars (who is one of my hero's).

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I just also tried Esoterica, "And So To Bed" and "Pembroke"...funny, I liked both of them too....never thought I'd like anything but Aromatics.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
McCellands 5110

Dunhill 965

C&D's Engine 99

C&D's Tuggle Hall

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I have to second unclearthur's PS English Luxury. I reviewed it HERE. I don't smoke it every day, but it makes it into the rotation now and then.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.