PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2013
Here I sit in the back yard in a tee shirt and shorts. It's in the 90's here at noon. Watching the butterflies flit around the cashew trees. I'm smoking a M&M cob with "Trout Stream" in it. Trout stream in a cob helps to make life tolerable. What is it like in your back yard today?

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Four feet of snow and -23c but on a positive note the sun is shining and our house is warm!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
8 degrees (F), completely covered with 4 inches of snow and ice.
But, yes, the sun is out and the house is warm. Doing okay.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Raw, windy, temperature low and headed down. Later next week, after a brush with zero F, we're

headed up to unseasonably warm. That's the way it is here. Some days in February are like spring.

I grew up in Chicago, and in those days, by the middle of February, you were no longer waiting for

spring. You were in eternal ice with occasional slush. The lengthening daylight almost missed your

notice. It was the Russian steppes. Presently, I'm in NC.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
50 degrees with the damn sun shining and I can't make up my mind whether to go duck hunting or fishing in the gulf this weekend! Life is so full of these difficult choices. :puffpipe:

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Saint where do you live you can duck hunt this time of year and how do I get there? Really good looking lab by the way! Mine is getting cabin fever right now. Keeps running from the gun cabinet to the door poor guy!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Sunny and a chilly 26. Fixing to head for the basement,build a fire and play in the shop for a while.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
"Saint where do you live you can duck hunt this time of year and how do I get there? Really good looking lab by the way! Mine is getting cabin fever right now. Keeps running from the gun cabinet to the door poor guy! "
South central Louisiana. Our duck season goes until Jan 26th and Goose until Feb 2nd. It has been one of the best duck & goose seasons in years. I will probably make 2 or 3 more hunts before the end of the season. The freeze above us has really brought the birds down. My chest freezer is full with fowl and in need of Speckled Trout, Redfish and Flounder. Down here, we don't go fishing, we go catching :wink:
There is an really good outfitter in N Louisiana that is very reasonably priced ($300 a day). They are limiting everyday on ducks and geese. johnnywink.com

They are first class!
P S Thanks for the dog compliment. Raider in his Mardi Gras costume :wink:

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
17°
Hi 17° | Lo 2°

Sunny

Sunrise: 7:23 AM

Sunset: 4:50 PM

Barometer: 30.28" Hg Feels like: 1°

Humidity: 47%

Wind: NW 17 mph

:puffy:

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks Saint I will check that out for next year. My oldest son is going snow geese hunting with me next season. My lab will be tired after that hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.