PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepspringfarm

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2013
I checked for previous posts on this but they seemed quite a few years old.
Anyway, I have a brother in law who is trying to get life insurance. I picked up some about 15 years ago for a pipe smoker. He smokes about once a year when we get together. But the insurance company he got a quote from put him down as a smoker. Anyway, is there anywhere that you know of that he can be honest about smoking once a year and get non smoker rates?

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
What Warren said. Get an independent broker, & he/she will save you money on almost everything you need.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Being a highly trained insurance professional(only licensed in Florida), I'll give you my 2 cents- Here's a link for several companies that allow unlimited pipe or cigar smoking. I wrote a 500k policy 8 years ago for a cigar smoker at normal rates with Prudential...and the client unfortunately died 4 months ago from throat cancer.....Insurance companies covering pipe smokers... Prudential, MetLife, and Lincoln are the probably the best bets for normal rates on pipes...

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
My company insurance is automatic with no questions asked (health care plan asks though), but a few years ago, I got an additional private life insurance plan and the only tobacco question was "have you smoked cigarettes in the past 12 months".

herrpfeifen

Lurker
Feb 28, 2018
ING/Lifestar will write him a policy if he smokes pipes or cigars less frequently than once per week and if his urine tests negative for nicotine during the physical.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Too many policies available to deal with a company that puts restrictions on smoking.
I can't resist. The other option is to get your net worth up to where you don't need to worry about life insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.