darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
It needs a disclaimer at the bottom that says. "Not applicable in Austin."

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Ya all the weirdos are in Austin..... Houston and San Antonio are close behind. What part of TX Pagan? I'm just outside Corpus Christi. Love the III% representation on here.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hey, I resemble that remark!
This November will be 20 years in Austin for me.
For the record, I am both...
jay-roger.jpg

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Some sign! Surprised it's aloud

Hopefully someone's idea of a joke!

At least it's not racist. Small miracle.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Pagan..... There's a Derek Tant I follow on YouTube that's a pipe smoker/reviewer from WTX..... Any chance that's you? Or do you know the guy maybe?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
"At least it's not racist. Small miracle."
What the hell's that supposed to mean? Were you looking for some and disappointed you didn't find any?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
People who go through life looking for racism, sexism, transphobia, Islamophobia, etc. will always find them.
In Texas, on the other hand, we have a saying, "Each keeps to its own." Applies to many different things, both innate and elective identities. Some might say it even applies to pipe smokers.
It's the overlap where things get interesting.
In the meantime, it's unclear whether @oldmansmoking has been to Texas, which is a more interesting place than it is as portrayed on television! Hopefully he'll get a chance to visit someday.
In the meantime, that new ewe -- the one with the come-hither gaze -- is out in the far paddock, so I'll be back later.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@Deathmetal- Funny how people from places with a long history of racist depredations are the first to criticize everyone else. Reminds me of the cloying, annoying smugness of a former smoker that is now holier-than-thou.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
@pappymac
Of course there is no way it was photoshopped to read that way.
In real life, they don't warn you. To Texans, dangerous outsiders are the basis for a hobby not unlike skeet shooting. Except we go full auto with our M14s of course...
@aldecaker
Reminds me of the cloying, annoying smugness of a former smoker that is now holier-than-thou.
I was lucky to skip that stage and go right to a pipe. In my view, people discriminate by nature, and everyone discriminates, so words like "racist" are just 100% irrelevant. Everyone hates someone, and feels superior to someone, and the sooner we accept that and work with it, the sooner we as a species are heading toward maturity instead of our extend Jacobin adolescence.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
@tbradsim1:
"T-Brad" sounds like a fellow who might be a vocalist in hip-hop music. I say, do you have your mixtape handy?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
@mawnansmiff
Regrettably, that ewe is fast on her feet.
Intervention of either (1) a net, or, (2) wine and roses, will be required.
Do sheep like wine? They eat roses.

Status
Not open for further replies.