PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
Hi guys! New to the forum, and rather then start posting tons of pics of shiny pipes, I'll share my beat up old grabow I smoke every morning on my way to work. It's reamed uneven, it's finish has been gone since the dinosaurs, and there's a divit in the stem that fits my tooth perfectly! Comfy like an old pair of shoes.

EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title

Attachments

• 15735198535683713174436636741013.jpg
    15735198535683713174436636741013.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 51

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
good topic!
I'd post mine, but I smoke too infrequently and have too many pipes for any of them to fall into this category, other than my very first pipe (a basket pipe) that I burned out and tossed years ago.

Reactions: Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike

Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
Definitely. As disgusting as it is, I reckon I'll continue to reach for it until it burns through completely.
How long have you used it that Grabow?
About 7 years. I once lost it in the snow on my property playing with my dog. Searching 3 acres for a grabow is not fun. The snow melted and a few months later I stumbled upon it, dusted it off and loaded it up. I couldn't get rid of it if I wanted to lol

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Shield your eyes, this one is truly disgusting.
That's not disgusting,that's something that is loved! I like it! Here's mine. A beat up old meer I call the FrankenMeer. Hole patched in it probably 90 years ago and someone at one point tried to saw the bowl in half and quit...

bKpvGmt.jpg

derhammer

Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
A beat up Grabow Golden Duke is one of first pipes I got ever since starting to smoke pipes.
I broke the stem intentionally as it couldn't be separated from the shank then shortened it to save it from completely unusable. Now the stem is so loose that it falls apart every time I try to position it on the lips while smoking.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I’m a habitual cleaner. I had a nice broken in cob that was getting very ugly-pretty, but I gave it away to a potential convert saturday night. Along with some sample bags of HH pure VA, Nightcap, Firestorm, Solani ABF, and Molto Dolce. And an old grabow riviera I restored.