PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
OK, Gents. Let's try this. Parameters of the game:
  1. Post a pipe from a country that has not yet been represented in this thread (this will be easier for early posters)
  2. Only post a pipe that you own and truly enjoy smoking
  3. Extra points for pipes from unexpected places (my offering gets no extra points)
  4. The pipe should be stamped with the country of origin, or you should have personal knowledge about the pipes origins
Note: We should all appreciate that the 'country of origin' is not a simple matter as components of pipes are often produced in more than one country. Let's have fun with this just the same.

Georg Jensen: Denmark

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I posted photos I'd post my Kemperling bent smooth Rhodesian from Austria, gifted by a family member who went there. I might also do my Amadeus straight smooth pot from Greece. sable' has warned us against trusting much in nation of origin stamps, but I think I trust these two. I have an estate pipe, a half bent freehand stamped West Germany, and I suspect that's authentic too.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
If I posted photos I'd post my Kemperling bent smooth Rhodesian from Austria, gifted by a family member who went there. I might also do my Amadeus straight smooth pot from Greece. sable' has warned us against trusting much in nation of origin stamps, but I think I trust these two. I have an estate pipe, a half bent freehand stamped West Germany, and I suspect that's authentic too.

I've been hunting for Kemperling. What is great gift.