PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
I have become infatuated with a pipe I purchased and restored early on. I have purchased some really decent known brand-name pipes since and have been pleased with many of those purchases. And yet, this no-name pipe remains one of my favorite smokers. It competes with my Alphas (love my Alpha), my Upshall (not kidding), my Petersons (I have a few), etc. Amazing, right? Here it is... a 'stack' or 'chimney' pipe with absolutely no nomenclature. Show us YOUR FAVORITE NO NAME. Let's do this!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Here’s mine, a big billiardy appley kinda thing, marked simply 194. Likely english. Came in an ebay pipe lot with some other pipes I was after. Resembles a Parker shape (also 194) but has minor differences (mostly a beveled rim). No way to know for sure, that ive found so far anyway. A solid pipe though, smokes fine, good drilling.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Absolutely love this basket pipe. Got it from SPC for nearly nothing and it smokes perfectly. No idea who made it, not a lick of stamping anywhere on it.

Reactions: scloyd

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Duane, I think so too. It’s just got that Italian vibe and feel to it. Drilling is bang on and the contrast on the rim, bowl shape, heel, everything really just screams Italian to me.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I'm afraid I know the names of all my pipes. I did have one pipe that didn't have a name but after much discussion the pipe and I decided on Steve.

Yeah, I named a few of mine too, but I won’t repeat what I called them, lol. They were evicted from the home for being ... right proper little (Steves).

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Here’s mine, a big billiardy appley kinda thing, marked simply 194. Likely english. Came in an ebay pipe lot with some other pipes I was after. Resembles a Parker shape (also 194) but has minor differences (mostly a beveled rim). No way to know for sure, that ive found so far anyway. A solid pipe though, smokes fine, good drilling.
View attachment 6914
View attachment 6915

That’s a handsome pipe.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Here's my favorite "No Name"...a Rhodesian. I picked it out of a Tinder Box basket.
Marked "MADE IN FRANCE" that's it.

Reactions: rogers

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I grabbed it because I didn't have a Rhodesian in my collection and I liked the stem. If I remember correctly, I think I paid around $25. It's a pretty good smoker.

Reactions: Humblepipe
Status
Not open for further replies.