PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since I have never built cake, I can't compare ghosting, but in fact I don't taste any residual flavor from one blend to the next. I don't push my luck with Lakeland aromatic blends, but with something like Mixture 79, I don't taste any carry-over, with the designated cob.

h3rodotus

Lurker
Jun 7, 2019
Thank you very much for posting this, I've followed this practice myself and now I know I don't have to feel weird about it. I'm trying to keep my smoke as cool as possible at all times, I suppose if I was freight-training and burning out bowls then maybe.
I love the age of youtube and I love the YTPC community but I find when I talk to older pipers; which I do quite a lot, there is much disagreement with some of the advice going around. One of the things that I have found in some platforms is that the advice of experts with years of experience is disregarded because someone heard one time you should do this or that trick or put honey in your bowl. That stuff becomes part of the pop culture and gets passed along. Someone handed me a Stanwell pipe at a shop the other day, it was brand spanking new, I went to touch my finger to the light maple colored bowl and found that it had been coated at the factory with some kind of vanilla honey or something, it might have been a Savinelli Honey pipe or something but it was low-key revolting.
Anyway, I'm gonna go put some orange peels in my aging jars. Catch you all l8tr.

Status
Not open for further replies.