PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uprightman

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2019
Central Pennsylvania
I believe some members would benefit from seeing pictures!!!! Ha
I can surely accommodate some of the members!

I didn’t have any tobacco in baggies this morning, but on Sunday I carried three baggies with enough for a few bowls each in the zippered pouch on the right side, I only had one pipe with me that day, but could have carried two easy.

Jef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2019
North Carolina
Looks like you got a sweet set up!
I use a tiny little leather pouch that is just enough to hold a few ziplocs of blends, 2 briars and a cob, as well as lighter, tamper, and a pack of 20 pipe cleaners. It's handy, and I can also squeeze a shooter of scotch in there if necessary :)
71euYDzjXeL._SL1200_.jpg
Nice bag. ?
Jef

Reactions: kurtbob and Bowie

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I grabbed this Smokin Holsters "Necessities" bags. These things are over priced, so definitely used is the way to go. It holds 4-6 pipes and accessories.
I had a much larger Smokin Holsters bag, but it was far too big for my use (think it held 12 pipes!) Sold it on Ebay, Ashdigger bought it.
It had no closure on the flap, Neill F wanted a fortune to put a strap on. I took it to my Amish shoe repairman who put a magnetic clasp on it (and stitched the sides so it doesn't flop around as much), for a cool $15 or so. The Amish shop owner said he would put a womans purse catch on it. I said that I'd rather he call it a "man clasp".....which got a puzzling look out of him. Amish guys have a lousy sense of humour. My kids love to tease me about my purse. Guess they are right....

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Some of you may find this strange, but I've been a Renaissance Faire worker for many years and "Grichels" bags are a staple for anybody in my line of work. I've been using this one to hold my pipes and a couple ounces of tobacco. Recently I've considered having a Grichels pouch commissioned specifically for pipes.

Jef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2019
North Carolina
Some of you may find this strange, but I've been a Renaissance Faire worker for many years and "Grichels" bags are a staple for anybody in my line of work. I've been using this one to hold my pipes and a couple ounces of tobacco. Recently I've considered having a Grichels pouch commissioned specifically for pipes.

View attachment 7512
Now that is cool! ?

Reactions: supperthyme

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas

View attachment 7512

Looks like just the sort of thing I need to carry my copy of the Necronomicon around in.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Damn, pretty cool bag!
Now that is cool! ?

Thank you! I try to pick up a Grichel every year. They aren't cheap, but it's quality craftsmanship that has lasted many of us renfolk decades. If my pipe pouch commission ever comes to fruition, I'll be sure to post it here.

Hell, yeah.

Do you know the process for shaping the leather? Molding?

Hello again jpmcwjr ? we sure run into each other often, don't we? Not that I'm complaining- your input is always welcome and appreciated.

I want to make it clear that I don't own or work at this particular booth.. But I'd imagine the process involves wetting down the leather to make it more pliable, fashioning it into wrinkles and ridges to create a face and setting the backside with some type of adhesive. I've got a few smaller pieces as well, including this one that I use specifically for my nosewarmer:

Some more examples of their work-

The pretty lady in this photo is not me, but I found the picture quite fetching.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I use a Titan cooler bag, it's big but carris my Yeti cooler, big popup lid container of Penzance ,pipes, tools,cleaners, glasses, lighters, cigars and all the cigar accessories , sorry, no pics since PhotoSuckIt got greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.