PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I always love going to pipe shows because it's the best chance to meet some great pipemakers and pick up some suggestions and techniques to keep improving...New Orleans was no different- heard a couple of ideas that helped me tweak my blasts and also shaping on the slot...The more I do this, the more I'm convinced that the secret to making great pipes is to take all the dozens of things you know you should do and then execute them perfectly every time...Still not there yet....maybe another few years and a couple of hundred pipes or so...So here's the latest-

213ru6w.jpg

98h6io.jpg

2m5z91v.jpg

2zp79jd.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is outstanding!
My lesson was don't forget to fill up with gas leaving NOLA proper. Once we hit 51, heading North, it was 24 miles to a gas station and my truck was running on fumes. Liz was readying her "I told you so" speech.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
That looks like a great pipe! Nothing overly fancy, but very comfortable in the range of being eye catching. I like it.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've seen some of your previous work here on the forums and I know that you've got skills. I think the attitude you've expressed about continuing to improve bodes well for those who would acquire one of your pieces.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great blast texture, balance, stem color and shape, briar stain and finish. Really nifty. Threatens to make pipe smokers out of people who've never smoked before.

Status
Not open for further replies.