PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
Question:
When you reach the last of the tin, jar, bucket, pouch, whatever you keep your baccy in, and it's not enough for a full bowl, do you ever mi and match and top it off to get a full bowl of something or do you just smoke the half or quarter bowl and move on? I had this dilemma today and decided to do a little mix and matching to see if was good or not and it turned out not too bad. Pretty smooth and tasty, a Little C&D Haunted Bookshop and some Vintage Syrian to top it off with a kick. Just curious what everyone else does. Thanks!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
First I cry a little bit, especially if it is a rare blend. Then I man up and smoke it out of a small group one size pipe.

brendhain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2018
The closest thing to ending a rare favorite tin is having to throw away an old T-shirt because your wife make you

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I used to smoke that last pinch in my clay pipe but now I have a jar that I had a mix of Erinmore Mixture and C'est La Vie, I collect all of the last pinches there. I will smoke it one day :)
Pipe tobacco isn’t expensive compared to cigars, which I will smoke till it burns my fingers
Put it in a pipe :)

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
I have a 'My Mixture' jar which contains all kinds of things: tobacco I didn't much care for on its own, end of tins/pouches, and so on. The beauty of it is that the mixture changes over time depending on what's been thrown into it.
Mike

jamban

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
Mine is called Pandora's Box. Well, maybe Pandora's Jar would be more suitable...

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I've been dumping the odds & ends into a Cornell & Diehl can.
When it gets full, I'll give it an exotic name and sell it on eBay, for collector's value, of course...
jay-roger.jpg

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I have found the replies to this question interesting. I've never thought about this but it rarely happens to me. Actually, I don't remember the last time it did. I suspect I'm subconsciously paying more attention when I see the tin is getting low and try to arrange it so that I have as close to a full bowl as possible. I'm not saying this amount never varies but I never seem to have less than 3/4 of a bowl left in the tin. It's either that or I'm just lucky.
I've never mixed any of my tobaccos together. Tobacco is too expensive here for me to want to risk ruining it so mixing different and already good blends does not really appeal. However, getting component leaves and having a bash does. I may give that a go at some point.
I'm going to start paying more attention as I approach the end of my tins after this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.