PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I can't comprehend what happened at a Las Vegas concert last night. My stepdaughter, her friend, her daughter and her friend were all there for the 3 day event. They literally dodged a bullet because one of them got sick and they left just before the shooting started. But because of the chaos they couldn't get to their car, and had to take a taxi to the hotel. I'm so thankful that they are alright and my heart goes out to those who lost family or friends, and to those injured. The numbers are staggering! :crying:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Very sad indeed. I am glad that your stepdaughter and her friends are all safe Orley. More than 50 people have been killed, my condolences to the victims and their families.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
What a sad day. I don't know what makes people want to do these kinds of things.
Orley I'm glad to hear your family is ok.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
Oh my Orley, call it a coincidence or not, that is a very good thing. I am glad they are ok.

I don't know what this world is coming to, it is a sad state of affairs..

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Orley, I'm so glad that your stepdaughter and her child escaped unharmed, but saddened that they had to witness this unfathomably evil event.

Jun 27, 2016
Listening to the audio, and it sounds like that guy had a bump-stock at the very least. ISIS is claiming some sort of responsibility for, or connection to this guy, but right now there is very little info concerning what really happened.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Old fellas in their sixties seem to be the new peril, after the shooting of the Congressman at softball practice, and now this. Doesn't sound like jihad at this point, more like depression, a bad bad personal life, health problems and low blood sugar, and lack of character to the bone. Orely, I'm so glad your stepdaughter and her party literally dodged the bullets. I feel vigilant at church these days, like when some young dude showed up with odd bulky luggage for a memorial service. Some innocent explanation, but who knew?
Big hero commendations for the police who charged the guy at Congressional softball practice. Two handguns against a long gun. Very brave people. Don't mess with those two.

Jun 27, 2016
We may never know why exactly. They say that he moved out there because he liked to gamble. That is a big red flag to me right there. I absolutely stay away from people like that.

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
Wow it's a small world, I just found out my cousin Eric was at the Bellagio during this and is still on lock-down in the hotel waiting for further instructions from law officials.

These things hit close to home for a lot of us, my thoughts are with the families of the victims.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Come on guys, I'm hardly jumping the gun here, very tentative on the basis of what we know, which is little. Granted these things always change when the story is filled out.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The spin of supposition only makes the tragedy worse. It does nothing to comfort the survivors and obfuscates our understanding of the "why". At best, it is a diversion when we need to focus.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Respectable/squeaky-clean personal background, extensive preparation, high vantage point, random targets, high body-count.
Remember Charles Whitman?
No determination was ever made regarding his motivation. It's debated to this day:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
I just woke up to this. Orley, so relieved for your family, amidst my sadness over this. I can't really say more, I am in a state of bewilderment

Status
Not open for further replies.