PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Orley, glad your people are safe. Tim my heart breaks for you. Prayers go out to the victims.
Still never giving up my guns.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Doesn't sound like jihad at this point, more like depression, a bad bad personal life, health problems and low blood sugar, and lack of character to the bone.
My analysis is similar. Typical murder-suicides, no matter what reasons they claim for it. Shades of Elliot Rodger, Klebold and Harris, Cho, and Hodgkinson but not Wiese or Auvinen.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Orley, glad to hear your good news.
Tim, that is simply awful. My prayers for your, your friends and their families.
We have a close family friend who works in music festival production. My older son has worked several events with him (Bonaroo, Pemberton, Hang Out and the like). Our friend had other work and so was not at Route 91, for which we are grateful.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Ash, I’m very sorry for the loss of your friends and I hope for a quick recovery for those that were injured. Orley, I cannot imagine what you must have been feeling last night, I am very glad that your family are safe.

badger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2016
So sorry to hear that Tim.
Orley--I'm very glad to hear your loved ones made it out.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Sorry for your loss Ash. Thoughts go out to you and your friends.
4 of my friends were there, and they survived. Not sure how as they posted on FB that they were okay, but people they were standing next to were shot. They had bullets flying over their head, and ran for cover when there were breaks in the gun fire. One of them is an EMT/Paramedic and was helping people as much as he could as they were trying to get out. Very scary, very sad.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I am so sorry to hear about your loss, Ash. I am glad your family is safe Orley.

Jun 27, 2016
Sorry to hear that, ashdigger. Sounds like this guy planned ahead to be there for a gathering, for whatever reason. I am hearing that he had around 15 guns and a lot of ammo up in his room, and locals are saying that he probably would not have been able to walk in and just get a room yesterday. I am hearing that somehow he got the room a few days ago through his live-in girlfriend, but so far, no one knew that he was planning to do anything. Everyone down there could have been armed and educated and it would not have helped, because hopefully no one would have shot back towards a huge hotel across the street. To me it looks like he was somewhat far away, 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile maybe. Very sad day.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Damn, sad to hear that, Tim. My condolences to you and to the families of the victims.
metalheadycigarguy, that's an awful experience. I am glad they managed to survive.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Sad sad news to hear. Tim I am sorry for your losses and Orley thank goodness yours are safe.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Just like to add that I'm sure I speak for all Brit forum members...a very sad and tragic set of events and those who have suffered have our thoughts and sympathies.
In the aftermath there will be many serious questions that will need some answers, answers that some may find difficult to give.
All so very sad.
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.