PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
At the West Coast Pipe Show this weekend one of the tables was done by the Sacandinavian Tobacco Group who does Lane Limited, Captain Black, Peter Stokkebye and I believe a few other companies blending as well. The gentleman running the table had a number of blends in one pound bulk for people to take samples of and so I just had to do it. I sampled the Very Cherry blend from Lane Limited.
I had two bowls at the show and took home enough for two more. Right now I'm enjoying my third bowl of this blend and I have to say it's pretty good. It definitely deserves the name Very Cherry, as in the jar or pouch it is obviously a cherry blend lol. The tobacco wasn't too moist, so it took a light very well and burned nice and evenly to a fine white ash. It's mostly a golden, light brown, and darker leaf combination leading me to believe it's probably a virginia/burley/cavendish blend of some sorts. The cherry flavoring isn't as overly powerful as one would think based on the tin note. It's definitely there, but it doesn't taste like cough syrup. The room note on it is very pleasant as well. If you're hunting for that illusive cherry blend definitely give this one a try.

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
My B&M has one they call "Cherry Jubilee"
Is this blend like 1Q in that B&Ms carry it and rename it?
Could the two be one in the same?

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
IMO any cherry has great ghosting potential and pipe-caution should be used with them all. Don't ask how I came to this conclusion …

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I remember smoking Lane's Wild Cherry in the early '70's. It was one of the few cherry blends I enjoyed. I wonder if Very Cherry is just renamed or an entirely different blend.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have no idea if it's a renamed version or if, like 1Q, it is a mother blend with shops having their own name for it. Can't hurt to ask the gentlemen at your local B&M and something I'll keep in mind if the Scandinavian Tobacco Group is back next year with a table.
I can say though that it hasn't ghosted my pipes. I've had another bowl of something else in the three different pipes I've smoked it in and there was no sign of ghosting. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe my pallet isn't sophisticated enough to notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.