PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
The sample of which I smoked claims it to be a Virginia/Perique blend so I was hopeful that'd be a new VaPer that was available in bulk. I liked the cut, sort of a well rubbed cake, somewhat coarse but it loaded easy enough, not overly moist and took the light well. I detected a light topping at first, sort of an OTC like flavor, not off putting but it got a bit boring rather quick. I could not pick up any Perique at all in this blend and the Virginias were lackluster to say the least. I'm not one to give up on a bowl especially something new but I just couldn't find it interesting enough to have any hope by the time I reached the mid bowl point. I wanted so much to like this new offering but it was just too bland and underwhelming to suit my tastes. I've been smoking a good bit of VaPer's lately and unfortunately this new Lane offering won't be added to my rotation. Well, you can't win them all! I'd be interested in hearing what others think of the blend if you've had a chance to try it.

homewaters

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2014
I was going to buy a tin with my latest order at smokingpipes but instead ended up getting SG Best Brown Flake and SG St. James Flake. I guess it was a good thing I changed my mind.... Thanks for posting your review!

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I forgot...I have tried one bowl of Lane 125 Anniversary...I got 12 oz of bulk and I smoked a bowl when I jarred it five weeks ago and wasn't very impressed...I'm almost done with another bowl right now and I'm liking it more this time...might be helping that I'm using a well smoked cob this time.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Eh, I guess it can't hurt to jar it up for a while and revisit after some time. One thing I will say is that it didn't bite even when pushed a little but I was more disheartened by what I believed was a weak appearence of the Perique. From the looks of it I'm guessing it's the green river variety and perhaps some age will ripen it.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I picked up a few tins of Lane 125th Anniversary to cellar mainly because I've always been a fan of many of their bulk tobaccos plus Ih generally like most VaPers. Given the description I'm sure it'll be a fine blend that's on the lighter side, especially in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.