PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Well then,
When it came available, I like many jumped on the option to buy.. I bought many GH blends bulk. I have smoked one. Ennerdale. and never mind what people say . Its Great!!!!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
mutt, latch on to some of THIS! Samuel Gawith: 1792 Flake ,Great Stuff... :wink:

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Ive been Trying my friend!! its never available!!! looking for Rattrays Marlin Flake as well! :P

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
LOL Too late Olkofri, I have drank from the fountain! STOP buying my Tobac! LOL

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
/swings pocket watch.
Olkofri you will send Dethmutt your tobacco! at least the lakelands

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
When it was very available a year or two ago, I squirreled up about 10 pounds of 1792, Ennerdale, Conniston, Bosun, and Rich Dark Honeydew. At the latest drop I picked up 10 pounds of Bob's Chocolate Flake. I haven't found a Lakeland that I don't like.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Ive heard nightmares about Lakeland.. You guys suck!!! LOL... @paul I have a dedicated briar.... Im glad I got a couple pounds...
Such a great smoke.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I recently purchased a tin of Ennerdale, Bob's Chocolate Flake and SG Black Forest. I'm enjoying all three and I have dedicated a pipe to each. Good stuff!

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I just got a hold of some Conniston Cut Plug during the last drop and was not expecting at all what I experienced on that first light. Nearly floored me with horror and disgust. Really wasn't ready for that strong of floral hit and I understand CCP isn't even that strong of a lakeland. Nice nic hit though!
Based on advice received here, I gutted through a few more bowls and I must say, it's starting to grow on me. The underlying tobacco is outstanding and most of the soap is very muted after the initial few puffs. Not sure if I'll be a regular consumer yet so probably no competition here. Kinda strange because I absolutely love St. Bruno but I don't get any lakeland from that as others seem to get.
Still have some Ennerdale and BCF to try yet. Wish me luck...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you like, you can use these blends as an excuse and reason to visit their homeland in the Lake District of England. If you are a hiker, this is ideal, trails everywhere, all kinds of history, good small places to eat. Take along your broken-in hiking boots and rain gear, since it is green from regular downpours. Be prepared to meet grazing sheep which are part of the local economy, and they roam pretty much at will. Learn the local rules, but yes, you can follow the trails through what looks like peoples' yards, if you stick to the trail and behave otherwise. It's Wordsworth and Coleridge country, for poets and scholars of poetry. During the summer, you can go to old time English music hall performances and greet people in the misty late sunsets. People look kind of ghostly, or the ghosts look almost human.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
It's also a convenient excuse to buy more briar pipes. Ghosting! Must buy another (half dozen) pipe(s), LOL.
That's my theory anyway.
Love Lakelands.

Status
Not open for further replies.