PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Cool maybe il hit 4noggins up for some ennerdale im def curious of what that full essence taste like

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
curious of what that full essence taste like
Yeah, same here and I was a little shocked at the first light. I got a very strong women’s perfume taste. Still trying to get used to it.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
aro222

I posted somewhere on another topic a link stating that gawith hoggarth/sam gawith blends were now being imported to USA by a different company so may be that is why they have been hard to get.

Certainly no shortage in the uk
link here

https://www.briarreport.org/2019/02/07/kretek-international-now-exclusive-importer-of-gawith-hoggarth-co-pipe-tobacco/

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
I've yet to try a single "Lakeland". Are there any that taste/smell strongly of jasmine? I'd be all over that.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I tried the Lakeland Dark and was a bit underwhelmed. It's good tobacco but I was looking for something with more of the Lakeland essence. As a dark tobacco it was in line with other SG or G&H offerings but the name led me to expect more scenting than was actually present. G&H Dark Flake Scented was exactly what I expected however, and I liked it much better.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
There has been a GH&Co. awakening on the forums lately. I frequent several forums and all everyone is talking about is Lakeland this Lakeland that. They’ve only been around for a couple of hundred years but I’m glad to see people (in America at least) are finally coming around to them. I don’t really consider 1792 Flake to be a Lakeland in the sense that it has floral toppings as Tonka doesn’t come off that way to me, tastes more like Vanilla or deer tongue to me than flowers... that being said it is in my top 5 favorite blends of all time, it’s absolutely stellar! But like a lot of good blends it took me a long time before I truly appreciated its splendor. I miss the days when GH&Co blends were basically always available and even SG blends were relatively easy to get but, like Embers, I had a feeling this day would come so I stocked up on my favorites years ago.

5star

Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
I discovered Ennerdale after buying an estate pipe with a definitely soapy ghost. Rather than try to exorcise it, I said 'the heck with it' and dedicated it to Lakelands. I smoked my first bowl of Ennerdale in that pipe & instantly became a fan.

upnorth1

Oct 7, 2017
La Belle Province, Canada
I just ordered some Kendal Flake. I'm looking forward to trying it. So far the Lakelands I've tried have been enjoyable. I kind of like the lingering ghost from them also, and could see how smoking some other blends over it might be good too.

johnbrody15

Lurker
Feb 16, 2019
I enjoy Ennerdale and Bob's Chocolate Flake, but the Bob's Chocolate is pretty subtle so far. It's still new to me. I've got some Kendal flake and some Dark flake I haven't tried yet. I'm wondering if I need a different pipe for each one or if they can just ghost the same pipe. Maybe that would produce something interesting....

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Will someone please describe their [Lakeland's] flavor
It's been described as something between old Aunt Millie's perfume and a urinal cake; but there are some scents that are less antiseptic and more delicate, like florals (violet, geranium, heliotrope) and herbals (bergamot, anise). Either way, they're exotic, and not for every tobacco smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.