PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
After a recent thread regarding some questionable packaging I thought I would share my latest experience in hopes that it would send some customers their way.
I placed an order a few weeks back during the Dunhill special and did receive a package that could've been secured better. (Still couldn't beat the deal they had going on though!) I followed that up with another order on the Escudo special that was definitely better packaged. (And who doesn't love a good Escudo deal!)
This Friday I placed an order over the phone through a gentlemen I believe said his name was Gary. I've had the pleasure of dealing with him multiple times recently and is a very friendly guy. The order arrived today, 2 days from the day of purchase. That is as fast as you get. I also must make note that the tins were indiviually bubble wrapped with additional bubble wrap over the entire order. You really couldn't package it any better.
I write this to alleviate any concerns one might've had from placing an order through them. Russ obviously listened and gave feedback to his team and they responded. A job well done from P&C, you will continue to get business from me!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Yep, my last order was packaged in the same manner! Everything was secure and double bubble wrapped! I've been in contact with Russ through PM some here lately. He said he was disturbed to hear how orders were being shipped, and he's been working very hard to get it straightened out. I told him how pleased I was with my last order, and with how fast the problem was solved. Russ is a first class guy, and I have a great appreciation for all that he does for us!

Jan 8, 2013
Good to know they treated you well. I should have a package coming from them pretty soon. I intend to to let everyone know how that package comes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and having some faith in them.

Jan 8, 2013
Update on my order :) I did indeed receive mine today. I just opened the box and it was packaged beautifully. I received a tin of Mohawk River, Blue Mountain, and Balkan Luxury Blend 957. I imagine unless dented or crushed, these pop top circular tins will hold a seal better than the square tins, but they still took care in how they went into the box and were protected. I took pictures, and will post them in another thread tomorrow. Unfortunately I have to call it a night. Working an early shift tomorrow. Going into work early at 5am... pray for me.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Now it only that Anni & Marble Kake back order would come through. Seems whatever I've wanted from this always back ordered, so I have yet to give them business.....outside that one backorder :)

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I placed a second order this month with them and received it last week. It was probably the best packaged tobacco order I have received to date. I ordered 15 tins and they were wrapped and packed snug as a bug in a box that fit perfectly. I was really impressed. After questionable packaging with my first order P&C won me back with the job they did on the second. Keep it up P&C!

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Though with all the orders I have made from P&C, I haven't had a packaging complaint yet. Even if tins were knocking around in the box, it wouldn't matter much to me. Pipe tobacco in a tin is not near as fragile as cigar wrappers. For what it is worth, P&C's customer service scored high in my book again this morning when one of the ladies helped me fix an order before they shipped today.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I have always had nothing but good experiences with P&C in the past, though I took a better part of this year off with no ordering.
My last shipment was above and beyond in terms of packaging. Who wouldn't be excited seeing this! Keep up the good work guys :clap:
pc-tad.jpg

chemistfox

Lurker
Oct 19, 2013
Got an order from P&C a couple of weeks ago. I had no complaints, packaging or likewise. Nice place. Good prices. I'll order some more in a week or two.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I only wish they had a B&M location.
I'm 20 minutes from their new warehouse, but I have to wait for the mailman to get my order. I think that sometimes their USPS packages go down to Philadelphia before coming back to the top of Bucks County.
-woodsroad

(who is waiting for the Big Brown Truck as we speak)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It sounds like Russ got to the people in the shipping department and they are now doing an excellent job in packing. Kudo's to Russ and to PC for listening to their customers.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Yep, I'm again ready to order from P&C.
I thought it would take some time to work out most of the bugs from the big move and transition.
Glad to see that Russ is getting that under control.

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
I have gotten a number of orders from them in the past and wouldn't complain about before and after shipping quality. In fact, I think I preferred the pre-bubblewrap era. The packaging on their bulk is heavier gauge than all but MacB's in house packaging.
I like that I can include backordered items in an order to make the free shipping. That is a cost they eat and I appreciate it.
They are certainly competitive on pricing and every shipment has gone out quickly.

Jan 8, 2013
No point in me showing a photo now. Mike's photo pretty much shows how mine were packed. And I only ordered three tins! Still they had them stacked one on top of the other, wrapped in bubble wrap, and fit snuggley in a box with even more bubble wrap. I sure hope Russ sees this topic so he knows he's appreciated.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Thanks for this thread, folks. I'm really pleased with how responsive our team has been. I'm just a cog on the wheel, and all I did was to bring your concerns to the people in charge. They took it very seriously, and they obviously got the point across. I'm just glad that things were resolved quickly and satisfactorily.

On the other point, an order of Hearth & Home cake tobaccos just arrived, so those backorders should be filled soon.
Russ

Dec 24, 2012
All businesses make mistakes, but the good ones listen to their customers and react. Good job P&C. Now . . . when are you bringing back international shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.