Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
O1xeid3.jpg

metalman

Lurker
Mar 11, 2016
Beautiful pipe. Is it a Cavalier or a Regent? I just got a batch of parts for my Kirsten collection. Nice to see they are back in business.

metalman

Lurker
Mar 11, 2016
Two guesses depending on how big the pipe is"
The pipe is either a second generation (1938-1958)or 3rd generation (1959-1985) or even a current generation Cavalier if it is a medium sized pipe.
or it could be a Tyrolean (1938-1958)or a Regent in later years if it is a larger pipe.
Have to measure it and disassemble it to determine the age.
They are still being made after a 7 year hiatus. Shop is in Seattle & on the web. Have to call them though at the contact number on the web site.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Thanks for the kind words gentleman. The photo is complements of my resto man. Not allowed to use his name all of the time, but he's a couple posts above this one.

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
So it's conformed that Kirstens are being produced again?
Scrooge, that's a mighty fine looking puipe. Bowls are all original, L to R: Tyrolean, Columbus, Mandarin or Dynasty (Dynasty bowls have an inward-sloped rim).

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Thanks Scrooge. I only wish to remain anonymous when I work on a pipe that has already been "restored" by an eBay slash and hacker. Lol.
This pipe is about 5 inches long if that helps with dating.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Very cool. St. Valentine (Frank) is an expert on this type of pipe. I hope he chimes in here.
Thank you John, but although I would love to try a Kirsten one day I am more into the Falcon brand. Anyway, after all they are all metal..... :mrgreen:

metalman

Lurker
Mar 11, 2016
I can confirm that Kirsten is back in the pipe business. Recently I bought a brand new Kirsten Regent on EBAY. Subsequently Stacy of Kirsten confirmed they had put the pipe on EBay to test the market. Since then I have bought a half dozen mouthpieces, a few bowl attachments and medium and large O rings. Last I heard Kirsten had not updated their web site so you can't order on line. You can however, call them at the contact number on the web site and order by phone. I'm not sure they have every style they originally manufactured. The mouthpieces I ordered and have received were for large quarter bent pipes and for small straight and quarter bent pipes. They were black, bronze and a new one that is black with white doodles on it. All of the pieces I ordered were for current generation pipes in that I acquired my pipes from 1985 through 1995 at their store in Seattle. Kirsten survived the onerous Washington state laws by branching into cigars so don't be surprised if you get referred to Stacy (the owner and Kirsten's granddaughter) for orders. The rest of the staff are on the learning curve when it comes to pipes.

metalman

Lurker
Mar 11, 2016
Dating the pipe should not be a big problem. If the model number on the base is a T it is a Tyrolean and therefore was made between 1959 and 1985. If the model number is an R it is a Regent and was made post 1985. If there was a pre-1858 large quarter bent pipe, I don't know what it was called.
I had never seen a Tyrolean bowl and mistakenly thought it was a custom bowl. It looks great on the pipe.

metalman

Lurker
Mar 11, 2016
Whoops. What I said about the dating of the pipe is correct but I didn't consider the pipe might be a medium size. If it is, t probably has a model letter C for Cavalier. These were made from 1958 on. There was no predecessor medium quarter bent that I am aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.