Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Pipe Smoker

(arno665)
Apr 3, 2013
The Netherlands
dutchpipesmoker.com
The article lost me here.

RIIIIIIIIGHT. New guys paying hundreds just to try it are in for such a let down.

I'm finding that most are.

Ah... "Yesterday I smoked Esoterica Tobacciana Penzance! The tobacco that you enjoy extra long no matter what you eat and how well you brush your teeth."
What I meant was that the taste long lingers in the mouth. I would not necessary consider that a let down ;)
But jeeez.... That review was one of the first I ever did, I was a pipe smoking rookie. Nowadays I have to be totally honest I prefer a well aged GL Pease latakia blend. Penzance is good but it lacks a certain punch, even with age on it. Regardless I very much like to smoke it once in a while. Especially in a medium sized prince pipe paired with a glass of Lagavulin whisky.

I have never really cared about the hype. I was still able to get Penance at The Briary when I first started smoking pipes, before I knew there was a hype.

Hype is just that, hype. But, I know many smokers who choose Penzance, not because someone has told that it is good, but because they just like it. If someone wants to claim that we like it because someone told us to, I really don't give a booger.

I am not a regular latakia smoker, just seasonal, and sporadic at best. And, I have never looked for the "BEST" of anything, because I know that "best" is a bullshit term with no meaning. I don't give a booger about what someone sees as best, nor even if they hate it.

What I like about Penzance is that it has an incense like quality that I enjoy. Can I get an incense like quality from other Balkans... sure. Can I get this exact incense like quality from another blend... no. (not in my opinion anyways) Can you?... I don't give a rat's ass. Sure, you can get an exact taste from smoking pencil shavings... good for you.

Comparing Pease's blends to Penzance is like reading about someone comparing Gala apples to Honeycrisp apples. Two different apples, some like one better than the other. I like them both for what each has to offer.

No amount of opinionated articles will change my mind... unless profits from Germains is going to fund the systematic raping of chihuahuas... then I might back off giving them my money. Otherwise, hearing poor people rail and wail about how they are too poor to afford Penzance... I won't loose any sleep over it. I am soothed to sleep by the sobs of poor pitiful pipesmokers. It makes me sleep deeper and with more enjoyable dreams. It's not like anyone is making you smoke it. You probably won't like it anyway. Most poor people don't. puffy

Reactions: perdurabo

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
unless profits from Germains is going to fund the systematic raping of chihuahuas...

I gotta say, while I'd feel bad for the chihuahuas but I'd still buy it. If they were raping real dogs then no way. Chihuahuas? They'd be getting a little of what's coming to them. Nasty little creatures. rotf

As for the hype, I personally don't care. I like Penzance. A lot. I bought some Monday night at retail. I think spending double or triple or more on a tobacco is stupid. We're living in a golden age of blends and there is always something out there to buy that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.