PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I tend to smoke in my truck a lot. The smell was starting to get to me. Fortunately, no one ever rides with me. I have stared using this bag of bamboo carbon I found on line and an ionizer that plugs into the power plug. Within 24 hours...no smell! I am amazed. What are your tricks?

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Sorry, I assumed cracking the window was a given. I should have stated that up front. Thanks for adding that. When it's cold (all winter here) I just crank the heat.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
My Jeep is mine to do what I please with. If I want to smoke my pipe or a cigar in it, I do. Lots of 4 wheeling and camping trips with my buddies and I smoking in it. If someone doesn't like it, they're free to walk. I don't smoke in my truck and I don't even like getting in my wife's car after smoking. So my answer is I choose my vehicle by whether or not I feel like smoking.
That being said, do you have a name or link for the bamboo carob and ionizer?

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Shanez, I got both from amazon. The bamboo carbon is a little pillow like thing called Bella Bambi. I don't know about the ionizer. I'll see if I can find the brand. Really seems to clean the air.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
1. Lampe Berger works very well! Get it at started and then leave in car/truck 20 minutes with window closed.

2. Bounce dryer sheets. Put two or three on seats and let sit over night.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Actions have consequences. You are also lowering the value at trade-in time. Learn to tolerate the reek or stop smoking in the vehicle. I enjoy the reek so much I carry it wherever I go, in my clothes and hair. We smokers hardly notice it.
Ionizers, wee pine trees, put a non-smoker in your vehicle, they'll smell the reek no matter what you use. It just comes with the habit.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
That's the only reason I don't smoke in my car or truck - trade in consequences. I must admit, I've cheated a few times. Don't tell anyone.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
My trucks always have well over 200,000 before I even think about selling them. Never trade them in so this is not a factor to me. Just trying to be thoughtful of passengers that might ride with me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You mean the Captains Quarters right?
That would be my living room. The car be me yacht. :wink:
The updated screen name and avatar had me looking twice
There were a couple of screen named typos that pegged me as a stalker. Figured a change was in order. :mrgreen: Still chasingembers elsewhere, but didn't want any weirdness here.

Status
Not open for further replies.