PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Is there a way to, first, clean nickle pipe bands to its original shine; second, is there a way of keeping them clean. A clear, thin clear and waterpoof solution, pehaps?

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Sunshine polishing cloth does a great job keeping metals shiny. A quick polish, then I wipe again with paper towel. They can be used without rubber gloves.
https://www.amazon.com/sunshine-cloth/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Asunshine%20cloth
:)

calabashed

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2015
For those who use jewler's cloths, anyone have recommendations for your favorite brand?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I just use whatever they have at Walmart. Some are metal type specific though.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
The description looks identical to a jeweler's cloth.
That is what it is. I was first told about them by a friend who makes sterling silver jewelry for a living. :D

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
Sunshine polishing cloth does a great job keeping metals shiny. A quick polish, then I wipe again with paper towel.

You're much better off using a soft, microfiber cloth to remove the residue rather than a paper towel. Paper towels have abrasive qualities and they will dull the polish on soft metals like gold or silver.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Mike, years back I used to use Autosol on my Yamaha and Suzuki bikes, it's excellent stuff. Regards dulled headlights, I used Meguiar's Scratch X to get my Skoda from MOT fail to MOT pass :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
You're much better off using a soft, microfiber cloth to remove the residue rather than a paper towel. Paper towels have abrasive qualities and they will dull the polish on soft metals like gold or silver.
Noted boss. :D

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I received several years ago a gift from Mike AKA Cosmic a cloth that shines silver, wonderful thing and have used and treasured this cloth, thanks Mike . :clap:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Motorist Odious Test??
MOT test - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOT_test

The MOT test is an annual test of vehicle safety, roadworthiness aspects and exhaust emissions required in the United Kingdom for most vehicles over three years old used on any way defined as a road in the Road Traffic Act 1988; it does not apply only to highways (or in Scotland a relevant road) but includes other places ...
Motorist Odor Test?? :)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
For silver—dunno 'bout nickel— pipe ash and a touch of spit will take tarnish off.
That's why the jeweler's cloth. No cleanup afterwards. One side of the cloth removes tarnish, and the other side polishes and helps prevent future tarnishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.