PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
HIs name is Monet he is 3.5 years old. He has pneumonia and I have no idea how a cat that never goes outside can get that, but his lungs have fluid in them. My wife and I were traveling over Christmas and had a cat sitter here, he is a cat person and I'm sure this isn't a result of anything that he did. But we returned home to a kitty boy who wouldn't eat, was lethargic, with shallow quick breathing. They are keeping him probably until Thursday, he is in an oxygen cage and is on IV fluids. The doc gave us a 50/50 chance that he will make it. I'de appreciate your prayers guys. My wife and I don't have kids, can't have kids, so we have cats. Here is a pic of him, he is the one on the right.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Poor little kitty. Wishing you and your family all the best. We had to take our Bully pup to the emergency vet over the holidays, too. Thought she'd perforated an intestine (blood coming out her arse) but the vet put her on antibiotics and she seems to be much better. Hope you have a similar outcome.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I hope your cat can be home soon. The vet's office is the best place to have the medications given since your cat can be monitored as well. I will keep your family in my prayers. Happy New Year a bit early.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Dave, I am so sorry. We have two cats as well and my wife and I don't have any kids either, so they are our kids too. I hope Monet pulls through and wil pray for you guys.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
In our prayers buddy I know what both our dog and cat mean to us so I feel your pain. Let's hope the outcome is the good 50%

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Hes young so I would think that would help alot with his fight. my wife lost her horse of 35 years to pneumonia over thanksgiving, but again he was old horse. Hang in there!! A good critter is a great friend!!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is awful, I'll hope for better news. Our cat sneezes every once in a while but you really don't think of cats as animals that get sick often.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My sister refers to me as a cat magnet; I tend to have a cat or three, and am very close to them.

So I can empathize, and I hope Monet pulls through. He looks like a fine cat, so alert and understanding.

Be patient re-introducing him to his housemate-cat. The veterinary hospital smells really throws off the

stay-home cat, I have learned. They aren't sure the cat coming home is the same one, they are so

sensitive to smell. For people who understand them, cats are a powerful presence. (I also love dogs,

and grew up with a fine water dog, but that's another story.)

houndstooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2013
My wife and I also do not have kids, but we have two black kitties that are like our kids, so I know what you're going through. Sending out wishes and prayers for Monet to make a swift recovery, and get back home soon.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
It's always sad news when one of the family is ailing.
Some people do not understand the connection some of us have with our pets. They truly are like family to the wife and myself. Hope and pray things go well...

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife, I hope your cat is home and resting comfortably in a few days. My wife and I also know the importance of furry kids, best wishes.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
My hopes go out to Monet. Like others, we do not have kids, just pets. Dogs and cats. I would argue they are just about as needy as children in their care.

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
Your cat Monet looks very much like my cat Peter.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.