PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
Sorry to hear it man. Got 2 old kitties myself so I get the attachment. Praying for you and your furry friend.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Well I have great news. First mso489 we thought about that and my wife and I tend to lean towards holistic medicine if we can especially when diagnosing things. The vet wasn't sure if it was viral, bacterial, or fungal, so we went to visit, took a hair and saliva sample and took it to our naturalpath. She said it came up viral and made up a remedy specific to his needs. My wife went up last night and gave it to him and this morning we were blown away when they took him off oxygen and he began eating. Woohoo two big answers to prayer, so we are hoping that we will get to bring him home either Sunday or Monday, thanks for all of the prayers and support guys!

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Glad to hear it, Dave. I'll second mso's advice about the scent of Monet when re-introducing him at home, as I've experienced the same thing when my guy had surgery. It helps to give him a pat-down bath with a warm, damp cloth, and to the at-home cat as well.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah I'm aware, we will keep him separate till he acclimates back into kitty society here. Officially coming home tomorrow afternoon.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I am so glad Monet has turned the corner! And being back home will be the best medicine for him.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Monet, what a guy! I hope he has a long and most happy nine lives. He has a great face,

thoughtful and friendly.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The vet wasn't sure if it was viral, bacterial, or fungal, so we went to visit, took a hair and saliva sample and took it to our naturalpath. She said it came up viral and made up a remedy specific to his needs. My wife went up last night and gave it to him and this morning we were blown away when they took him off oxygen and he began eating.
That is wonderful news. Now if the vet is a humble person, he/she will give you a big discount on the bill and hire the Naturopath as a consultant.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I hope all goes well and that you cat likes being home where he belongs. Your own bed always sleeps better.

Status
Not open for further replies.