PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
As an animal lover who has lost many pets over the years, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. Here's hoping your furry family member pulls through. Do let us know how he is doing.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
We just learned that apparently cats can catch the flu from humans, which can lead to pneumonia. Whether that's the case or not, our cats (and we) are wishing yours a full and speedy recovery.

doctoronln9

Lurker
Oct 23, 2013
I'm real sorry. He looks exactly like my cat, who came out of the ER himself last month, so this hits home. Best of luck to him.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
As a cat man, I get the fear you must be facing. I don't pray for various reasons, but i'll certainly think and hope for both you and your cats.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
So sorry to hear this ... lost a great dog back in August.
My thoughts and wishes are with you and your family.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Thanks guys for alll of your comments, thoughts, and prayers. Update on Monet. It has been an emotional rollercoster for us today. Talked to the doctor early. Monet went into respitory arrest this morning and essentially died. The vet did CPR and revived him. They assigned him a tech for one on one care and watched him carefully for about 4 hours until they felt he was stable. He is currently stable and they are giving him antibiotics to fight off his infection, diuretics to try and purge the fluid in his lungs, and a pain medication that helps to calm him. He is in an oxygen cage. If they can get the fluid off of his lungs he will have a strong chance, so we are praying about that and waiting, which is excruciating. Monet is a big cat and has always been very healthy. He trots around here like a little horse and the place feels empty without him. Thanks again guys for the support.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Positive thoughts can help the healing; don't waste a moment thinking about negative outcomes. He'll pull through and be back home with you in no time.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
Dave, my family has Monet in their hearts and thoughts that he will soon be back home and well. Please keep us updated.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I still miss my cat, Therin. Died from kidney failure. We found him bloated like a water balloon (he just drank an insane amount of water, always a thin cat), took him to the vet and he was put to sleep on the spot. Being able to drink water but not process it is a pretty bad way to go. We had him since before I was born, died around when I hit 18 or so, a good 23 years.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Sorry to hear about Monet. I hope is he is able to recover Dave. Thank you for the update and please let us know how things go.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I had a pet scare of my own last night. Right before I left for work, I was in the kitchen taking my meds. As I was taking my heartburn pill, I dropped one on the floor. My dog was right at my feet, and gobbled it up before I could stop him. I thought "well, there's nothing I can do now. I hope he'll be ok. " I had not been at work for half an hour when my wife called and said he was vomiting and crapping uncontrollably. My mother knows a veterinarian, so I told my wife to call my mom and see if she could get ahold of her vet friend. She did, and the get said it would most definitely make him sick, and maybe even depressed, but that it should not be fatal and that if he were still sick come morning to bring him in for treatment.

Well, when I got home this morning I was greeted with a wagging, bouncing, licking dog! What a relief!
My thoughts and prayers are with you Dave, I hope all is well.

Dan

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
shaintiques:
Being a worrier -- and a cat lover -- myself, I tend to shy away from posts like yours. It isn't that I don't care. It's that I care too much. It breaks my heart when animals are ill or suffering in any way. But I realized I had to suck it up and share this burden with you. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through, but I want you to know you are very much in my thoughts and prayers. And I truly pray that Monet comes through this successfully and returns to full health. And I also pray that, somehow, he senses just how much he is being cared for by the people who love him.
Bob

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
I hope all works out for you and your family. Nothing but positve thougths and prayers for you and yours.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
It sounds like you have a great vet, Monet is lucky. Hopefully he's doing better today.
Two years ago we lost our old Moochie, we now have an outside ferrel cat that doesn't let us touch him and hisses when we feed him. He's older than dirt, scroungy, and tough as nails, and if he doesn't show up on time for dinner, we start to worry about him. What is it about cats, that people either love them or definately don't?

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I just love them because they are both very affectionate and very predatory. I find them really interesting, cuddly, and playful. They also don't slobber or smell like most dogs do. I do really love some dogs though, my brother picked the perfect one.

Status
Not open for further replies.