PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I am currently hanging out in Butte, Montana waiting for a shop to replace a leaking suspension air bag on my trailer.
Saturday, a trailer tire blew out on me, costing me about four hours of down time:
photo15.jpg

This is a stone quarry in Indiana. I sometimes haul stone blocks from here up to Wisconsin:
photo13.jpg

When you go to the quarry to load, the man tells you to drive down into the quarry and "park in front of Sponge Bob":
photo14.jpg

Never a dull moment. I have been here in Butte since yesterday due to the leaking air bag. It was likely damaged when the tire blew out. They were supposed to have it fixed two hours ago but are still working on it. I am now a full day behind on my trip to Washington state and will have to order a new Washington over size permit as the one I have now expires today. Such is trucking.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I see the guy in front of you wearing a hard hat. Whats a hard hat going to do, except leave a yellow streak between him and the 20 ton rock they just dropped on his head?

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Hey pipetrucker. I know the pain. I drove over the road for 10 years. Only drive local now. I like being home but sometimes I really miss being out west. :)

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Yep, such is life on the road. Never a dull moment and never know what may happen next.
Great to document it with pictures. Thanks for sharing.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
If you're looking for places to eat there's the Derby for great steaks and El Taco for very good Mexican food. I've only been in Butte about 100 times over the past 30 years. We have a talc plant down in Dillon. Good luck.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
Its always great to learn where you are and what your doing Mason. Awesome pics to boot.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
What kind of truck do You drive? If that was Your truck hood in the pic. it looked like a Western star.

Status
Not open for further replies.