PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
I jarred some up in 2013...just opened it up...yeah...this is what I've been waiting on. Fresh it eats my mouth...probably a problem with my Ph...but with 5 years on it...absolutely delicious.

Sent some to my friend AJ....he loves it as much as I do.

Mar 1, 2014
This is the good thing about having avoided pipes through three years of orthodontic treatments.

I just have one last periodontic operation before I’ll be able to hit the pipe again (tissue graft after complications from removing my wisdom teeth).

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I like this fresh so much, I don't even care how it ages. To each his own. Easily my favorite every day tobacco.
Love this blend and as a newb, don’t have any aged. But I’ve got quite a few jars stored and will let them get some age on them.
Yeah this. I definitely need to get some in the deep cellar. I can't leave it alone!
I had a terrible experience with Escudo when I first tried it. Smoked it too fast, burnt like battery acid etc..
But Bullseye Flake. This stuff smokes like a dream. Absolutely number one in my VaPer stable. Have some twisted flake but unopened as of yet.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
There was a big PS sale last year on P&C. I ended up with like 3 pounds of this stuff, but I broke it up into half pint jars so when I go to pop one, it won't interfere with the others aging. Love this blend.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
This post made me go looking for my own stash of the stuff, only to find that I am down to my last jar of it. Never fear, another 1.5 lbs is now on its way to my mailbox.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have some pounds of this from the P&C sale, too.
What is interesting to me is that the concept if cellaring has been called an American thing, but yet these blends are so much better with age. They have to know that when they make the stuff, right?

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
I’m smoking some 2 year LBF and it is delicious. Best of all it’s widely available and you cannot beat the price. I plan to keep this in the cellar and can’t wait to try this with 5 years on it.

magicpiper

Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I have a pound of this stuff jarred up with about a year on it. The color has progressively gotten dark ( maybe my imagination). Has been tough not to tear into it. It was a mistake not to break the pound up into smaller jars so that I could sample without putting a halt to the whole lot.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
LTF also levels up considerably with age. I’m smoking some that’s 5 years old, and it’s great. Not only is it smoothed out as you would expect, but it’s picked up a toasty, nutty, borderline incense note in the retrohale that complements the sweetness of the Virginias and topping.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I bought a half pound and jarred about 7 ounces.
Enjoying my first Bullseye right now.
May need another pound.
This is stunningly delicious tobacco. :puffy:

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
All this storage sounds good to me. My main problem is, I buy tobacco and smoke it...I can't seem to keep it around. After buying a pound and a half, it was gone pretty fast. :rofl:

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
I have some aging, but I also bought 3 more pounds during that sale, the price was down near $1.40 an ounce . I bought a flat of 4oz wide mouth ball jars (the short ones that hold 2+ oz) and jarred it all. Will open one every few years ... do luxury twist and navy flake age as well?

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
I just got 4 oz in mail today how do yall rub out just like any other flake ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It looks like you have to break it up some to get the Cav interacting with the rest.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I break it up and rub it all together. Then actually pull the Bullseye apart and rub it all together again to distribute it thoroughly.
Actually have 3 coins laying out to dry a bit right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.