Just Placed A TAD Order. Let Me Know If I Snagged A Favorite!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
1. C&D crooner - 5 oz

2. C&D Gentleman caller 8 oz

3. WO Larsen 2014 Limited 100g

4. Escudo Navy Deluxe 50g

5. Peterson Univeristy Flake 50g

6. Presbyterian Mixture 50g

7. Sutliff Kentucky Planter 1.5 oz

8. HH Old Dark Dark Fired 100g
Should be here Friday! Can't wait!

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Ok if you have never tried Crooner, first off it's a good blend; the deer tongue is pretty good and second off and more importantly use a cob when trying it, if you don't like it will ghost the hell out of a normal pipe. Other than that good order congrats.

~Ron

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
How bad of a ghost are we talking?? I just got a bings favorite and thought I would be clever and pair the two up! will it render the pipe unsmokeable to other blends? Or should I dedicate the pipe to deer tongue blends? The gentleman caller also has deer tongue so I'm flush with the stuff for a while ...

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Depends I guess, my pipe is exclusive for deer tongue blends, but depending how much of it you smoke would be how much the ghost will exist, but it would be best for you to try it out in a cob first especially if you have never smoked it before.

~Ron

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I second Pete's favorites of Escudo and ODF. Truly loving the world of coins and flake these days

decigar

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2013
Crooner is definitely the most interesting tobacco i have tried in a long time. University Flake is 1 of my favs and definitely ODF is cellar worthy. Please let us know how u like Crooner

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Will do! The description was crazy and I just couldn't pass it up. It the one I'm most excited for...

A couple of reviews also recommend the gentleman caller for a similar taste, so hopefully I grabbed a couple of winners!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Presbyterian Mixture is a fantastic oriental blend. Just give it some time to dry out.
Bob

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
I know of a guy who's been stuck on Crooner for a while now. He's really enjoying it.
Unless I've got my Larsen's mixed up, I've had that 2014 Limited and it was some good stuff. My b&m let me sample that and their signature to figure out which I wanted to buy, but I ultimately went with the Signature. That one is still pretty good though and I plan to get it sometime soon.

pflan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2013
Can't go wrong with Escudo. Sadly enough, that is the only one of the bunch that I have actually tried. Sounds like a nice order, though!

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
I bought a few ounces of Crooner a while back and it smells wonderful in the bag.
For me, I only wish that it tasted as good when smoked. I love my burley, just not this one. Maybe it's the deer tongue, who knows...
Hopefully, your experience is different.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Escudo, ODF and University Flake all have a big place in my cellar. All three have some very unique flavors which I reach for on a consistent basis.

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Jmill: I've heard that from a couple of people, I also really enjoy burley and was looking to branch out... I grabbed the gentleman caller because it's crooner with Virginias add, and on a review page, the people who disliked crooner all recommended gentleman caller as a good deer tongue blend...

Status
Not open for further replies.