PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Pretty happy with this one- overall pipe is 8" long and a surprisingly light 44 grams due to the morta. Morta tends to be fairly difficult to work with under any circumstances...drilling a 5 7/8"" draft hole through the shank was really challenging (especially with a 6" drill bit). One of those cases where I really wish I had a 12" lathe-

2qamo89.jpg

2e587bs.jpg

bcso1.jpg

2qtilqc.jpg

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Is it blasted? I don't think I have ever seen a totally smooth morta pipe.

Michael, I always blast Morta- love the texture you get with it... I actually sand them out to a 400 grit before blasting and I just don't think they look good smooth.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That is a gorgeous pipe!! I've always had a hankering for a Morta Canadian but wasn't sure how a long shanked morta pipe would look....not a Canadian but I have a pretty good idea now. Your choice of stem colour is right on the money as well. Well done!! :clap:

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
That is super nice. Morta always catches my eye. I need to save my pennies and buy a nice morta.
I tend to prefer the sandblasted look but my favorite Morta pipe I've ever seen is smooth.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Does this shape have a name besides the title designation?

If I make a couple of more of them, I'll probably give it a name...In the meantime, just "Dublin" is close enough...:)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh, extra nice, and good and light weight. I like that long, lithe look.

May 31, 2012
Sweet pipe!
Like a Dublin lumberman almost.
That long shank is beautiful,

as is the blast.
I love the subtle upswept curve of the rim too.
Very well done!

:clap:

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
WOW! Well done! Everything about that pipe works together. Love the shape, love the way the grain of the morta flows and the I love way stems material matches perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.