PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbs1

Lurker
Aug 25, 2017
Peterson's OD and SG's Westmoreland are my go to tobaccos.... but, I have seen neither for awhile. I did read here that Peterson's tobacco was looking for a new distro because it was brought by STG... I shouldn't be surprised that Laudisi wouldn't be carrying it anymore, but there it is. I hope this helps someone.
Thank you for your inquiry concerning restocking Samuel Gawith and Peterson tobaccos. Unfortunately, the Peteson tobaccos are now under new ownership with STG-Scandinavian Tobacco Group so we will not be restocking any Peterson tobaccos. As for Samuel Gawith, these blends are all on back order which is why you haven't seen them available on our website for quite some time. We have no eta as to when our distributor will be getting these tobaccos in but you are more than welcome to keep checking our website for any updates

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Unfortunately, the Peteson tobaccos are now under new ownership with STG-Scandinavian Tobacco Group so we will not be restocking any Peterson tobaccos.
Soooo.... SPC won't be stocking any Peterson blends but will continue to sell other STG blends? Makes no sense to me but stranger things happen :crazy:

rbs1

Lurker
Aug 25, 2017
Soooo.... SPC won't be stocking any Peterson blends but will continue to sell other STG blends? Makes no sense to me but stranger things happen :crazy:
That's a good point :?:

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
Someone in customer service got their wires crossed on this one. We will be restocking Peterson just as soon as STG makes it available on the US market again.
We obviously won't be restocking until they have it because presently there isn't a distributor until STG-Lane starts receiving it in the next couple of months.
Sorry for the confusion. Returning you to regularly scheduled programming...

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
That was my understanding as well. Everyone is out of it and aren't re-stocking it because it's not yet available from STG. I figured that once STG got it up and running and distributors began...well...distributing, that we'll be finding the Peterson blends we know and love once again on all the sites we know and love! Thanks Sykes for keeping all of it straight!

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
I think we should continue to ponder Laudisi vs. STG conspiracy theories until proven otherwise.

Drawing conclusions based on rumor, conjecture and hearsay is a time-honored tradition and an integral part of the pipe smoking hobby.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
The Peterson blends were so much better when Peterson’s made them.
Figured I would be the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.