PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeedoctorae

Might Stick Around
Sep 10, 2017
Greetings all,
So, I'm just venturing into the amazing world of Burley and was looking for some good suggestions to continue to develop my palette. So far I've tried:

HH Burley-amazing

C&D Burley #1-very good

C&D Burley #3-not so much

Irish Flake-very good
Anyhow, any suggestions would be much appreciated. Doesn't matter the nic content or anything else. I'll try it all.
-The Doctor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D is the most active in using burley in many different blends, so peruse the C&D pages at our sponsor retailers to find blends that are tuned to your particular tastes. You may want to try Old Joe Krantz starting with the original, since they've added three or four versions recently. Billy Budd with cigar leaf is another worth looking at, maybe trying. PC's Russ O. does nice things with burley; I like his traditional Log Cabin blend and Chestnut in the Home and Hearth Midtown series, the only non-aro in the series. Other good burley blends, to my tastes, include Iwan Ries Three Star Blue, Edward G. Robinson, and Nat Sherman 536, a refined English blend that includes burley. Also look at Lowlands blends at smokingpipes.com and Seattle Pipe Club blends. There's a world of good burley out there. And of course, Tabac-Manil Semois thick and medium cut, and the aforementioned Petite-Robin. Good luck. Shop hard to find your special burley blends, and buy in small quantities to try them out.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Check out the Burley offerings at Watch City, Uhle's and Peretti's. There are a number of burley based blends from HU Tobacco that are superb. Reiner Long Golden Slices is burley based and excellent. Mac Baren HH Burley Flake is mild but very good. I like the Mac Baren Golden Sliced as well. Bargain priced in bulk and quite good.

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
Fired up some Mac Baren Navy Flake for the first time yesterday. It’s a great Burley dominant blend I would recommend as an introduction to the burley leaf

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
I like Greg Pease's Barbary Coast, a great burley blend.
Of course, if you don't mind a codger blend, Carter Hall is a great all day smoke.

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Some excellent options listed. I will add Solani's ABF even though it is hard to find right now. If you are a serious lover of adventurous burley, that is African and South American burleys, you might wish to try some from HU Tobacco which is available through pfeiffendepot.de ..... I recommend HU's Makahuwa and Nashville County for burley starters.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
I’ve not tried them all but I’ve tried a lot of them.

Wessex Burley Slice is still my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.