PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
They call them camel spiders because they supposedly chase camels in the desert, in hopes of burrowing inside the camel's body. There's a famous photo of this creature online, that was exagerated. The famous photo makes it look like the thing is waaaay larger than it realy is. If you look closely, you can tell that it's actually TWO camel spiders attached to each other. Also, look at the top, and you can see pliers holding the bugs. The pliers help get an idea of the actual size of the bug. These things do live in Northern California, despite what you may hear. AKA, Wind Blown Scorpion. These things are vicious. They have four fangs that close in together top and bottom outward to inward like a clamp. Their poison is deadly. They look SOMEWHAT similar to a scorpion.

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
Wow, that is UGLY!!! Looks like you would have to use a baseball bat to take them out, Dont think stomping on it would be an option for me...

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
Wonder if they are as far as Texas?? Friend of mine killed what he thought was a scorpion about a week ago, but it had simular characteristics of a spider..

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Dear God, what a f***ing nightmare...I sure as hell hope I never find anything like that in my home. Hope you don't again either.

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
They're very common here. I see them almost as much as I see scorpions. I'm an out of sight, out of mind person. These critters leave me alone, I leave them alone. However, if they come walking through the house, I kill them. This is the first time one has waltzed on in here like this though. Usually they stay outside.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
I wouldn't have to worry about it biting my wife; she would die of a heart attack if she were to see one of those in the house.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
I would scream like a little girl! I can't even stand daddy long legs... And yes I know they aren't spiders but they are close enough in my eyes haha

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
I saw three daddy long legs take down a black widow the other day. There's all sorts of creepy critters out here. We live about fifteen miles out of town, so there's a lot of stuff.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Sweet ! I love those freaky things. Used to catch them out in west Texas. If they were 10 times the size they are, it would be a vicious thing indeed.

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
If one of those came into my room I would've shot my floor full of holes trying to kill the thing. Nasty little f@*kers.

irishflake

Might Stick Around
Jun 30, 2012
Michigan
In New Mexico we called them Wind Scorpions, they look scary, but they are harmless, usually no longer than an inch. But I guess in the Middle East and Africa they get kind of big. We liked to have a few in the house to eat the real scorpions and Black widow spiders. The grey long legged cave/house spider is really good for controlling Black Widows and other venomous species.
Tim West pipe agrees:

timwest.jpg

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
If one of those came into my room I would've shot my floor full of holes trying to kill the thing. Nasty little f@*kers.

two words...Blow torch.
These gents have the right idea hahaha and yes grown men afraid of spiders lol not ashamed to admit it!

Status
Not open for further replies.