PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
When i get my computer out later i will post a picture of one i came across in iraq. Trust 10 mph on something that size looks like 30 mph. The one i ran across was very agressive. Mustve jumped 10 ft in the air when he came out of the shadows.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
IMG_0612.jpg

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Tarantulas make really easy pets. You feed them crickets about once a month. Clean their tank about every 6 months. Easy! Female tarantulas live up to 30 years too. I used to have a Rosy Hair tarantula (see below); it died several years ago. I'm thinking of getting another.
My God!!! I nearly sucked the upholstery off my chair when I saw that picture!! You could run me to China with a spider...any spider. 8O

rockrat

Lurker
Aug 4, 2012
In VA we have wolf spiders which to me, get pretty darn big. One recluse my buddy at work flamed last week with a BBQ lighter...nasty bugger,that. So far this hot summer, I squashed a large widow that worked her way out under the siding in front of house. In the sandbox, I only caught a glimpse of a camel spider...I agree with hawk60...when they go skittering by, they do in fact look like there really moving! It looked to me like a tan dust ball zooming along. I'm glad I've read earlier posts about the reality of them. Overseas, I heard every damn rumor about them...never knew really what to think...just glad I never had one in my rack!

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I haven't had to deal with any of those. Living in Florida all my life I have seen Banana spiders as big as my hand. And that was just the body. They can be very poisonous.

Status
Not open for further replies.