Just Finished- Morta Author With Hot Rod Stem...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
This was fairly interesting- a small Author with some really unusual stem material from SEM in Germany- every year in Chicago, they have some limited run rod stock- I thought this was a very unusual color combination- kinda reminded me of a 1950s Mercury Hot Rod with a Flame Paint Job (but then again- I have been drinking wine and smoking ribs all afternoon, so what do I know...:) I wanted to come up with something smaller than I usually make on Authors- this one came in at 4.5" and 39 grams with a 1.25" deep bowl- .72" wide...

fyzf2p.jpg

xgkt20.jpg

1585o4i.jpg

307n2pz.jpg

2vxo9r5.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love the basket weave texture which answers that far-out stem to perfection. If I smoked that at a pipe show or club, I'd be way too cocky. The marriage made in heaven.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Glad you guys like it! I'll have some time over Christmas to get a couple finished that I've been thinking about... Always appreciate the feedback!

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Excellent pipe, love the stem. Do you have a favorite shape to make? I’m a smooth operator, do you make many smooth pipes?

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Do you have a favorite shape to make? I’m a smooth operator, do you make many smooth pipes?

It’s probably a tossup between an Author and a Bulldog...and I love smooths- tend to make more blasts because more folks prefer them...
I have an antique meer cutty coming in a couple of days- thinking about modeling a smooth cutty adapted from that design..

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Zack,
Your pipe making is phenomenal. I love my morta author. Please explore the smooth cutty idea. I should be ready for one by spring. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.