PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I'll be damned if I can make heads or tails of the "change your avatar" feature on this site. I want to see what comes up here and then, depending on the results, ask Kevin a bunch of questions.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Hmmmmm...that didn't work. How the hell do I change my Avatar. I changed it on my profile but the old one still shows up when I post. Also...how the hell do you work that "change your avatar" feature. I tried and tried and tried to crop the photo once prompted to do so but it still cropped the photo smaller than what I selected. KEVIN ?!?!?!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
You mean still posing in front of the neck of a guitar...you bastich. He he he.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
I've got a g.jetson id love to transition in, just can't get it small enough.....and its just a black&white pencil sketch.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Great new Avatar Jason. What is he contemplating, a full bowl of a new blend?

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
I was able to change mine. Make sure you are changing your avatar in the right area. Everyone has at least two avatars (one in the members section and one on the forums). To change the one on the forums, click on your name under your current avatar within a forum post, then over to the far right you'll see the following tabs: "Profile, Edit, Favorites, and Avatar" Click on the "Avatar" tab, then click "Browse", find the photo you want, and then click "Upload Avatar". That's what worked for me. Good luck.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
That worked for me too, menckenite.
jcsnaps,

he's looking at a toy cell phone. No blend except the leaded paint. :lol:
-Jason

arko

Lurker
Sep 22, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
Everyone has at least two avatars (one in the members section and one on the forums).
I've noticed that, and I've been wondering: why is that? Seems kinda strange to me.
As much as I like this place it is not exactly the easiest site to navigate. I have to admit that when I first signed up here I almost felt like leaving again right away. Compared to other places it's really difficult to learn ones way around here. I've been using computers since I was a kid, and in general it feels natural for me to skip around the webs. But here ... been here for a couple of months, and I still don't quite get it!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Thanks for the heads up on the 2 avatars fellas. Changed my avatar so that there will be no speculation about me having a pony tail.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Arko the reason there are two different pictures is because technically you are on two different "websites". There is the Main page and then there is the forums page. The profile picture you uploaded when you first signed up was for your personal profile page where you can upload a photo of yourself, personal information, your favorite pipes, tobacco blends. The second photo or "avatar" is used on the forums page, where many of us don't want to use our actual photos. Each "website" has its own profile page, the forums is a little harder to get to because you have to click on your member status under your avatar.

arko

Lurker
Sep 22, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
Bubba, thanks for the explanation. It still doesn't make much sense to me though -- what's the point in having two different sites (and two different profiles)? Is it just me who can't see the logic in that?
... I guess these questions should really be directed at Kevin, not you ;)

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Arko I don't get it either. Then again I don't create and or run web sites for a living.

Status
Not open for further replies.