PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

alingeorgia

Lurker
Feb 14, 2012
I enjoy this pipe smoking site. I like everyone I've met here. That being said, I've spent the last hour trying to post some photos to be a part of this community. I've followed Bob's instructions and actually set up a Photobucket account. Much to my dismay. Followed it to the tee. No go. No photos. I run my machines all day everyday. My question is why can't we just upload these files as you can everywhere else? Press a key, browse, go.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
It is actually that simple mate. Go to forum page and you will see a "sticky" on posting pics. Its in the orange section. Good luck.
Put your cursor on the photo you want to copy, a drop down menu will appear, select the bottom one and click it. Photo is now copied! Come here and click in your post box and your pic is copied.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/instructions-for-posting-pictures

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
I have the same problem, at times. When the usual "copy the url" method doesn't work, try right clicking on the picture (wherever you have it hosted) and choose "view image." This will bring up a separate page with the picture and the exact URL to the image. Then just use the IMG code button on the forum post selection area.
I hope this works.
Also, if you're running Firefox with NoScript, make sure you allow Photobucket's site. They have a nice little box with URL options that you can just click on to copy. One of them is the very
coding this site uses.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
I follow Cajunguy's method each time and it works. I know it can be cumbersome to navigate this forum at times, especially when I mysteriously changed the font by posting a YouTube video once (sorry). But it's worth the hassle because everyone here is cool and no one walks around like Billy Badass, which is what you find in other pipe communities. I mean just look at the threads here, talking about Borkum Riff, Petersons, and stingers. Do you think those other pipe communities would let anyone post threads extolling the virtues of Dr Grabow pipes? Hell to the no. You'd be laughed off the island while everyone would toast their $4000 Chonowitsches that they rid their air of your stench.
This place is worth the occasional trouble and font glitch.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Sometimes I type in the IMG code if all I have is the url. Just IMG inside these things [], the URL to the image and /IMG inside these things [].

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
This is the easiest method. It works quite well.

While in the Forum where you want to post in the reply box.

Open a new tab in your browser and go to Photobucket in that new tab.

Just place your cursor over the photo you want to post.

A drop-down will appear. Click on the IMG code.

It copies "automatically".

Return to the first tab where the "Reply Box" is... Right click Paste.

Your done.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
flyfishn, that was a better way of putting it. I couldn't figure out how to show the IMG code without it trying to display an image.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I had some trouble too getting started but I use Lawrence's method to a "T" and not had a problem since. I agree PM is great! I've had much fun participating in the forum.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Sign in, upload, copy IMG code, past into reply box on this site. Could not be any easier.
1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.