PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Hey guys, today in the mail I got what I have been waiting very long for, my first commissioned pipe. A few months back I started a thread about where to get a commission done and how much they cost, after a while Roth set me up with Todd Harris the one who carved his morta pipe, and today my pipe got here, so here it is

A Bing Crosby inspired billiard, so far this thing smokes like a dream.

~Ron

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Ron, that's a lovely pipe. Congrats on your first commission. Numbersix is going to be stalking you for this one!
-- Pat

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
That is a beauty of a billiard. Stunning!
Peck- I sure hope you're not having a stroke! Lol. Pic shows fine for me. You took me a liitle getting used to here, I won't lie. Rubbed me the wrong way a few times early on, but now I don't know what it would be like without some of your comments here, and of course the banter between you and Harris. You're a value to this community, that honestly I allowed myself to be blinded to at first.

B

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Breaking in with Carter Hall and Peck I have no idea why you can't see it I tried it with different browsers like IE, Chrome and Firefox, but I can still see it on all of them.

~Ron

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Ron
That is a gorgeous looking pipe
The grain is amazing. Congrats on your first commission
Many, many more

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
Congrats! That is a real beauty. I am glad to hear its a great smoker...enjoy it!

Dec 24, 2012
Ah . . . now I see it. That was weird, kept refreshing and saw nothing. That is a beauty. Gorgeous grain. I have heard (and seen) great things from this carver - does he have a website?
Thanks pipebow. I rubbed my wife the wrong way when I first met her as well. Actually, I still do.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Can't beat a straight billiard for a flagship pipe. So much presence and dignity. Great grain. Perfect lines.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
That's an elegant pipe.
I know that morta is very popular amongst collectors but I'd love to know the strengths vs. weaknesses when compared to briar.
Congratulations, Ron.
Fnord

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Dang, gotta have flash player to pull that up. I access only through my phone. So I can't look.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.