PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
How many of you folks have only ever smoked a pipe? So never been a cigarette or cigar smoker, just picked up the pipe and that was it?

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
Unless you count the cigarette I stole from my grandparents when I was in like 5th grade and tried to take a puff of. Then the pipe was my first actual smoking experience. I have since tried cigars and also like them as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No, I'm not a pipe purest. Did cigarettes being naughty when real young, like six. Avoided smoking until college when it was just occasional Hav-a-Tampa cigars. Mostly non-smoking in the Navy, thus evading people who chain smoked bummed cigarettes. Did do pipes because I didn't want to imitate my dad or my professors.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
If I could turn back the clock I would only be a pipe smoker. At 72 yrs old I'm set in my ways and enjoy all forms of legal tobacco use, but mostly smoke a pipe.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Honestly, the tobacco pipe was probably the LAST thing I tried smoking. Years of cigarettes, cigars, drugs of various kinds...
In fact, my initial experience with a corncob pipe was swiping one from a Walgreens (sorry Walgreens!) and smoking weed in it before an 8th grade field trip. In case you were curious, good ole' Missouri Meerschaum does fine in that regard as well.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I started with pipes, and it has been my mainstay for over 40 years. I have probably smoked about 20 cigars in all that time, and two cigarettes. Hated the cigarettes. I was lucky, and met a pipe guy early on and learned about good pipes and tobacco.

litup

Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I wish I could say I was a pipe only guy but cigars were a lot easier to obtain and smoke when I was younger.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Skoal, Copenhagen, Camel Lights, Marlboro Lights, all kinds of cigars. Then the pipe....
Now, I smoke only the pipe. Usually, only at night after work and on the weekends more frequently .

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Started with a pipe in '91 when I was 17 and now use tobacco in just about every form.

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
Never smoked anything until I was about 45. I thought I might like to take up the cigar, and I ordered some online. I tried one, and probably only smoked 1/4 of it. It did not agree with me at all, and I threw the rest out.
But I still liked the smell of tobacco and the idea of occasional smoking, so I ordered a pipe and a tin of Peterson's Luxury Blend. Although my first couple of attempts to smoke it were disasters, I did like the smell and taste of the smoke and I kept up with it. Now, a few years later, I sort of know what I'm doing.

tabakpfeife

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2019
Just a pipe for me; never smoked cigarettes. Probably smoked a dozen cigars in my life.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I have smoked cigarettes, chewed tobacco, sniffed snuff, cigars, and the pipe. The pipe and cigars is the only form I enjoy these days.

mindglue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2016
Never smoked tobacco, picked up a pipe at age 53, 4 years ago. Since that smoked 4 or 5 cigars (not my cup of tea)

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Never smoked cigarettes; for many years smoked cigarillos or the occasional cigar when on holiday (aka vacation) or at Christmas but not on a regular basis. Took up pipe smoking 2 years ago. Still smoke the occasional cigar. :puffy:

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I started out on cigs ... still smoke them on occasion, I may buy a pack or two a month. The pipe is something I smoke almost every day, if I have the time, struggling with cigarettes. I must admit though, they were my first and longest affair with tobacco. I also may smoke roughly a box of cigars per year, and maybe 10 packs of Garibaldis/Toscanos per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.