PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2019
In the latter half of my 50's and have smoked A cigarette and A cigar before picking up the pipe. Can't stand the smell of cigarettes and most cigars. Now I just need to figure out what the h@## I'm doing. :D

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
In the latter half of my 50's and have smoked A cigarette and A cigar before picking up the pipe. Can't stand the smell of cigarettes and most cigars. Now I just need to figure out what the h@## I'm doing. :D
It takes time, and fortunately, lots of practice. Assuming you're enjoying yourself, keep at it!

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
Started with cigars, took a gander at cigarettes and was not impressed - transition to pipes was all too easy.

molach95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2017
When I first smoked a pipe I'd never smoked a cigarette, and I still never have. I would consider smoking a cigarette in my pipe & gladly smoke rolling tobacco in it, but I don't have access to any cigarettes worth trying that with & cigarettes are prohibitively expensive anyway. I would maybe do it with those Eastern Bloc papirosi cigarettes to get the Joe Stalin experience, but we don't have those in my country. Apart from smoking a pipe I also smoke cigars (Italian, Dutch, Cuban, Nicaraguan etc) and take nasal snuff on a regular basis. I've chewed tobacco (specifically ropes/twists) but I've never felt it's worth it and I don't like spitting. I'd rather just smoke it, so if someone gave me American-style redman tobacco I'd chew a bit then try to smoke the rest.
So about 70% of the time I smoke a pipe, 20% cigars (mostly Dutch) and 10% snuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.