PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I have been busy with life (work) and haven't posted much lately, but I have bought a few pipes that I thought I would post.
The first is a Benni Jorgensen Brandy.
The second is a Joe Nelson panel billiard.
The third is my first churchwarden - by Michael Lindner.
The last is a Grant Batson "Canadian", albeit with a six-sided panel shank instead of the normal oval shank.
MAtn0V6.jpg

DrdTPn1.jpg

hlePQ2c.jpg

lmQllQc.jpg

Bzag52t.jpg

jmGlFQy.jpg

S9AzAHZ.jpg

CrvKzXA.jpg

PzPa66C.jpg

sP0PMSv.jpg

4ycQMN5.jpg

dydFsd0.jpg

5qyMeUU.jpg

ifTazrk.jpg

crimsonrat

Might Stick Around
Jun 3, 2014
Es nice. Grant and Michael take some similar cues around the bite area to me. I recently picked up my first Lindner and am very happy with it.
FfRLyTE.jpg

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Fortunately for the pipemakers and sellers of the Western world you weren't too busy to stay abreast of what was available! :clap:

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Why do your titles always sound like Law Firms ?

Fantastic as always. The Jorgensen gets two thumbs up, and that's perhaps my favorite Batson pipe to date.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's difficult to choose a favorite among that group. I have a weakness for panels and that one is stellar, but the band on the Batson and the square shank are original. It hasn't been quite the same Forums without you.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Nice to hear from you again!

Wow, those pipes are all beautiful! But my favorite has to be the Nelson panel billiard. I never get too excited about panel pipes that much, but the style of that one along with the blast is really impressive. Well that, and I like billiards more than any other pipe shape. :roll:

Congrats, enjoy!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Congratulations on these fine pipes!
Jorgensen: gorgeous lumber X 10

Nelson: fine blast and natural finish

Lindner: wonderful blast

Batson: can do classics as well as freehands, apparently. Perhaps more lovat than Canadian due to the saddle?

Dec 24, 2012
Thanks guys.
I think you are correct about the Batson pipe. It was described to me as a diamond-shank Canadian, but it is really more Lovat (or Lumberman) than Canadian. And the shank isn't a diamond either since it is six-sided.
I almost forgot about one other recent acquisition - A Rad Davis bamboo billiard.
b24iW6L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.