PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I recently went to Johnson City, TN and made it to their one B&M called Shamrock Beverage & Tobacco. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. They had a decent selection of tobacco. I managed to get an ounce of Plum Pudding, which was spectacular. But the biggest surprise was their choice of pipes. They had small meers for 13 bucks, Savinellis and Petersons for about 35 to 60, and 2 estate Dunhill shells for 99! That only covers a small part of what they have to offer. The store seconds as a deli as well, so you can grab a sandwich. If you can make it to Johnson City, you must stop in.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Sorry no. I didn't have a camera with me. I was taking my sister to her college orientation and had little time. Here is a pic of the outside from the net.

12318_337386493136_331699203136_3691224_6672159_n.jpg

I asked them on facebook if they could post some interior pics. I would go back and do it myself but it is 3 hours away.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
That's about a two hour drive for me. That place sort of reminds me of Bill Billing's Camera Shop in Rockwood...or what use to be. I think he retired several years back.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I use to go there when I couldn't find what I was looking for here. Bought a couple Nikon cameras from him back in the early 80's and my supply of chemicals when I was doing Cibachrome. I'm sure he was gone or retired by the time you were ten. :D

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
hobie-I wish you would develop a taste for Penzance, you may learn to like it. :wink: I need to try this stuff.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
It is really good! Unfortunately if you measured the greatness of a B&M based on the quantity of Penzance they hold no B&M would make the cut. I only have about 2 bowls of Penzance left. I guess I will save them for a special occasion.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Too bad they don't have a website. They could nearly double their sales.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah I thought so too colcolt. Those definitely aren't anything compared to a storient meer but if you want to try a meer they are only 20 bucks and I asked and they are block meerschaum.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
For $20 you probably won't go very wrong. If they're block I'd jump on one if I didn't have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.