PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Occasionally you won’t get any updates until it’s about at your door.

This seems to be common for shipments from either Germany or DHL. Not sure which is the reason.

As soon as it changes from DHL to USPS tracking seems to pretty much halt. Or at least this is what happens to me. It happens with multiple vendors that ship in the same way so I think it's in the shipping process that the issue exists.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I appreciate the information! International shipping seems to leave little recourse for the recipient. I was apprehensive about ordering from them for that reason but it seems that enough people on here have not had any issues, so it really is a matter of time. The last few shipments from danish pipe shop have been pretty smooth.

Thanks again.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I think the way the us post office scans things works best with their own mail and then questionably with mail from other places. I think the scans as it moves through the system on done on a conveyor belt and the right outside the door scan is done by hand by the postal worker. I've noticed that parcel force is the worst for scans and that royal mail packages are spotty at best.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I keep seeing that your smoking and enjoying salty dog.

Just an update estervals it seems has sent my package via ship container, which will arrive in NJ somewhere. They haven't responded to my email to see if this is correct, but I don't think I will be using them in the future. No matter how good those prices are. I am happy that this hasn't happened to anyone else but it's definitely an eye opener. You'd think I ordered a ton!

Good lesson!

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
You're lucky you could get it for the price, obviously it is or it was just for over the pond customers, no such offers are visible from EU, even with USD currency. :)

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
The eagle has landed!
So... which HU blends do you favor, shanez?;)

I'm struggling to make some decisions for my next Esterval's order. How would compare the Edward G and Director's Cut? Which is sweeter? Stronger? More nicotine? I've read conflicting reports. Nyala and Mahuwa have both been in my Esterval's cart from the start, just waiting for some company.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The eagle has landed!

Arrived a few minutes ago.

Please let us know how you like the “other” Edward G. blend. I find it fascinating that this one man has multiple and presumably unrelated tobacco blends associated with his name. I also really like the Sutliff blend, wondering if I’d like that one too.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
First order in from Estovals is in:

• 3x lb Capstan Blue
  • 1x lb Capstan Yellow
  • 750 gms Hu Directors Cut
  • 5x 50g Richmond Navy Flake
Normally I am 90% Virginia flakes, but Directors cut is an awesome change of pace when I am looking for something a little more full and dynamic. It's always in the rotation.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
My latest haul: samples of Ogden's Tam O'Shanter Flake Tobacco, old Condor Plug, McCranie's Red Ribbon 1983, Hearth and Home IPSD 2011, Rattray Westminster Abbey, Robert McConnell Red Virginia, 1950s Rum & Maple, 1950s Troost Aromatic, 1970s Brindley's Mixture, 1950s Edgeworth Ready Rubbed, 1960s Edgeworth Ready Rubbed, C&D Sunset Harbor Flake, year 2003 McClelland Christmas Cheer, 1983 State Express London Mixture, and McClelland Classic Samsun.

Also, samples of Ken Byron Ventures blends: Bas Matica, Burley Morning Pipe, Dark Fired Cherry Kake (WCPS Exclusive), Fat Old Sun, Pork Corps & Apple Sauce (las Vegas Limited), Red Forest Phenomenon, Right Meow, Smooth Criminal, Spaghetti Western 2 The English Villian, Uzumaki, Verge Engine Overdrive, and Zombie English.

Plus two tins of Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky, one bag of Smoker's Pride Rich Taste, one pound of Walnut Match, and a two pounds of Match Victoria.

And a Peterson 1905 replica of the N.A.P. pipe with a rarely seen N.A.P. bit. The 4AB Cumberland stem was created by Silver Gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.