PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
So buying from Estervals, how does that work?
You log on to the internet. Then create an account, pay far less than you would in the states for the tobacco, and then pay far more than you would in the states for the shipping. Definitely worth it for large orders, especially if you are looking for HU, Peterson rebranded Dunhill blends, Dan Salty Dogs ($6) or St. Bernard flake, etc. etc.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Yes, you have to sign for it. That's why I was up earlier than usual today. The doorbell rang, and I went from being in a dead sleep to doing a dead run for the door! :)

Well that's gonna suck because I am at work during the day, I should give them a call and see if they can hold for pickup.

I don't blame you..I would be running for the door too if I have 60lbs of tobbacs at my front door step!

Reactions: JimInks

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I am going to make an account and see if we get the same treatment as our USA brothers in Canada. I will report back.

I just ordered a box from smoking pipes so I’m not sure I can justify another purchase, but I’ll work on that too.

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
You log on to the internet. Then create an account, pay far less than you would in the states for the tobacco, and then pay far more than you would in the states for the shipping. Definitely worth it for large orders, especially if you are looking for HU, Peterson rebranded Dunhill blends, Dan Salty Dogs ($6) or St. Bernard flake, etc. etc.
Thank you, I just didn't know how the whole import and customs progress worked with them.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I've made an account and switched to US dollars, I am not sure, but I don't think I'm seeing the great sale prices you guys are. I'm also only seeing Capstan in tins, not bulk. I suppose this could be as I'm not registered as being in the USA?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've made an account and switched to US dollars, I am not sure, but I don't think I'm seeing the great sale prices you guys are. I'm also only seeing Capstan in tins, not bulk. I suppose this could be as I'm not registered as being in the USA?

The same thing happened to me. I was told to wait 24 hours before the specials would show up. That worked for me.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Nice haul, Jim! I also got my Estervals order from Oct. 1 in today. I should have had it last week, but our post office isn't the greatest (it cleared customs in a matter of hours). The carrier just left it on the porch (not good in our neighborhood), so I ran out of my office the second I got the tracking notification and may have broken the speed limit on the way back to the house. Already got my next order queued up and ready to go while they've still got the sale prices. I think I might go for the kilo of Director's Cut next time, just to be sure.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
@jiminks
... buy the following:
1,500 grams of HU Director's Cut
Jim,
Good to hear your order arrived. I placed an order for Directors Cut with Estervals on 10/01 also and look I forward to it’s arrival.
DHL tracking does not give much detail, it has been telling me for 2 weeks it is somewhere between Germany and Seattle. However, tonight I received information and a new tracking number from USPS that my order is being sent to them for stateside delivery. Ok, maybe soon!
I am curious about one thing, did DHL deliver your order or USPS?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
@jiminks

Jim,
Good to hear your order arrived. I placed an order for Directors Cut with Estervals on 10/01 also and look I forward to it’s arrival.
DHL tracking does not give much detail, it has been telling me for 2 weeks it is somewhere between Germany and Seattle. However, tonight I received information and a new tracking number from USPS that my order is being sent to them for stateside delivery. Ok, maybe soon!
I am curious about one thing, did DHL deliver your order or USPS?

USPS. That's the way it always works.

Reactions: peregrinus
Status
Not open for further replies.