Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
We will have a slightly different format on tonight’s Pipes Magazine Radio Show. We will start with “Ask the Pipe Maker” with Jeff Gracik. Then, we will have a short segment where Brian answers a question from a listener. Finally, we have “The Lost Tapes” from the former owners of the now closed McClelland Tobacco company, Mike & Mary McNiel. This is the third time we’re saying these are the final conversations, but we really mean it this time … we think. Most people know that McClelland was one of the most popular boutique pipe tobacco companies for 40-years. Their story is well told in Tobacconist Magazine. The part that only pipe show attendees know is that Mary & Mike are a joy, and a pleasure to listen to, so our show listeners are in for a real treat.
levines-mcniels.jpg

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
You can run the McNiel's forever in my opinion.

Ditto. If pipesmagazine did a whole series of “final” episodes with the McNiels, I’d probably tune in to all of them.
The new format sounds promising. :puffy:

jscottabd

Lurker
Feb 8, 2019
First time I listened and loved the show. Now I need to go back and list to past shows. The McNiels were great.
So many questions, but here are a few"
- Do you ever travel to well known pipe shops across the US and meet with owners?

- What about pairing talks...like what goes good with steak, whiskey, red wine, or pasta, ect?
If you have done this, I am sure I will figure that out as I listen to more episodes.
Thanks...Jeff

dare66

Might Stick Around
Dec 24, 2018
I'm not sure who it was that wrote in and complained about the noise of the lighter on the show but you got to be kidding me. I think it adds character to the show keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.