PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex969

Preferred Member
Jun 6, 2017
Based on the thread title, I was hoping to see some interesting fabrications from toilet parts or something... :nana:

EDIT: Dang, you fixed it. :cry:

donjgiles

Preferred Member
Apr 14, 2018
Quick edit, darn autocorrect!!?!?
For a hot second, the title was Jail pipes.

donjgiles

Preferred Member
Apr 14, 2018
I have been collecting them, I was gifted my first about 17 years ago. They are not very easy to find.

jaytex969

Preferred Member
Jun 6, 2017
That one on the left in the 3rd pic, is that a bulldog? If so, can we get a side shot?
Thanks.

slowroll

Apr 25, 2017
Glad to see Another Jarl lover. My first decent pipe was A Jarl, some 50 years ago. So were my second and third, and may be the 7th and 8th. Couple years ago I started buying 'em on eBay, now have about 18 or 20. My favorite pipe besides my own. Hope you like them as much as I do.

pappymac

Preferred Member
Feb 26, 2015
Makes me regret not buying one of the Jarls myself instead of just telling Don where to find them.
On the other hand, I'm on that vendor's "preferred customer" list now.

donjgiles

Preferred Member
Apr 14, 2018
Slowroll,

Do you have anything strikingly different from above? I would love to see more variations of his work.

pappymac

Preferred Member
Feb 26, 2015
Don -

I have no idea until I see it. A month ago, I had no Danish Freehands. Now I have a Søren, a Preben Holm and two Ben Wade's that I'm working on. My oldest pipe is a Salmon & Gluckstein with a silver band that's hallmarked for 1890. It was a big brand in England until about 1923 or so when it was bought out. The had 140 shops in England at one time.
I have pipes ranging from an Ascorti down to a Yello Bole Spartan Briar which was my grandfathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.