PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't want to steep in nostalgia. I consider myself well-spoiled by discounts and sales at site sponsors, and I have more than all the pipes and tobacco I can use. But I do remember the Iwan Ries sale in September that went on for a number of years. I think it didn't net the proceeds it once had, so it was phased out with a lesser discount, and then eventually no sale at all. But for a while, it was an event I anticipated. I bought several pipes on those sales. Anyone else remember those?

Reactions: stogie37

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I haven't had yore in some time and I can't remember ever seeing on sale. rotfrotfrotf

It seems nostalgia always hits me harder in the fall so this is a nice timely post.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yore was one heck of a blend. Nothing quite like it. I think it was an IR exclusive.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sales can be good, either by allowing you to stretch your budget a little for a pipe you might otherwise not buy, or to make an easy catch on a pipe that was already moderately priced. "It's all good," as the old cliche went.

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Absolutely! Definitely remember the Fall IR sale - I even remember when they used to mail a catalogue for it! Purchased a Stanwell, couple of Ashton’s, a Pete and I think a Bjarne through the years? I also remember riding the dingy little brown elevator up to the shop from street level and the wonderful cigar/pipe smoke aroma greeting you as the door creaked open. You know, before someone else saved me from myself by outlawing that sort of behavior. At a smoke shop...

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Just got a Email alert(only can see this when you click on the Email link) on Esoterica...Dunbar, Pembroke...3 each...It pays to Sign-Up!!!!

Reactions: ormazd
Status
Not open for further replies.