PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I am often called an enabler, or pipe pusher, and I can honestly say I try my best. Most of the time it is a matter of equipping guys with much needed pipes, but sometimes it is a bit more devious than that. One of my pipe buddies discovered this at the Chattanooga pipe show last year. He went up with me taking minimal funds to avoid the purchase of a pipe, but upon my declaration that I would loan any funds he might need the curses began. The offer freed him to buy something and of course I encouraged him with a little push here and there. He came away with a beautiful Red Dog Churchwarden. The banter of course goes both ways and despite my resistance I ended up purchasing a Neerup Cherrywood. I expect it will be a lifelong game that he and i play and I look forward to the challenge of who will talk the other into the most pipes in the end.
As you all know there are never enough pipes despite what we may say, sometimes they just call to us, despite that we are often able to muster enough self control to not make the buy, but I think it is good to have friends like me who will break down your resolve and lead you into your most recent acquisition. But it seems I have met my match and he takes the form of an old Cajun. As you guys know Bradley bought me a Nording Bear to replace my stolen one that he himself had given me some time ago. It was a kingly gift and I smoke it all the time, it is my favorite pipe. I saw another one come up on ebay this week and decided to bid on it in order to have a back up and give my other a rest. I talked to Bradley about it and eventually decided to bid, but I got out bid, so the old fellow won it for me. I owe him the funds and will pay him back, but I think I have met my match in the enablement department.
It has not arrived yet but here is the pic.

wasatch

Lurker
Aug 23, 2014
nice pipe!
I am a budding pipe smoker. I have a grand total of two pipes, but know all too well how this works--my tobacco compulsion has seen a modest desktop humidor expand to somewhere in the neighborhood of more cigars than I know what to do with.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
You and Bradley are as bad as each other. I love that pipe, would you call it a squashed tomato?

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Wow! I'm trying to figure out how many spaces for individual pipes my pipe cabinet (still in the design stage) will contain, but pipes like that make me wonder if the number of spaces is too low.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Good story shaintiques and congrats on the new Nording. Same thing happens to me when I grow fond of a certain pipe I end up buying another similar one then another.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
One shameless enabler deserves another. :lol:
Great story and a great friendship -- and it's all about a pipe! :clap:

That proves there is more to this whole business than merely using tobacco.

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
It seems everyday there is another uplifting story on here, I love it! Well played old Cajun. That's a nice Nording! I love those pipes, I miss mine, I'll get another some day.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Well with the rest of the world trying to disable us, trying to get us to quit tobacco use, I'm just glad we've got a support group in place. So go ahead, egg me on to buy another pipe, or try a new tobacco! :mrgreen:

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
The the Bear isn't it? It's goodto know my snipe was beaten by someone who would appreciate it. May it smoke well for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.