PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
My order came in from smokingpipes.com the other day with some blends that I have seen pop up a lot on this forum. I ordered a couple of tins of Best Brown Flake and Full Virginia Flake. I've noticed smokingpipes has a hard time keeping these in stock. So, there has to be something to that, right? While I've only had one bowl of each I really like the Best Brown. It had a familiar smell when I opened the tin. Then it hit me. It smelled like V8 juice.
And, after reading Harris' description of the Capstan Blue I ordered a few tins of it also. Harris, you made it sound too delicious to pass up. I experience the same smell and flavors. I couldn't have articulated it the way you did though. I'll be ordering more of the Capstan Blue and Best Brown Flake.
I also ordered five pounds of my regular smoke Altadis Blue Note. I've noticed when they get new stock in, it goes pretty fast. So, I'll be stocking up more for future use.
Anyway, I wouldn't have found these blends had it not been for this site and you friends. Thanks

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
mp, I am really glad to hear you enjoyed the Capstan and Best Brown. The FVF is going to take time getting the right pipe, right cut and humidity level, it is that finicky, but very much worth the effort. Try it in a group 4 Dublin if you have one and cube cut it into real small cubes and let it dry a good hour or 2. See if that works for you.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Haha. Thanks guys. The FVF wasn't too bad. It was good but I could tell I needed to smoke more of it. I like my aro and I found I also like Virginia's and Vapers. They are a nice break from my regular aro.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Glad you enjoyed BBF. BBF was my introduction to flakes and I still enjoy it. FVF does take a lot of work but so does Dark Star and a few of the others. But I am retired and my time is worthless. :puffy:

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Flyguy, I look forward to the day I can sit around everyday and smoke my pipes. Right now I only have the weekends to do that. My pipes are my retirement plan. Haha

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
BBF is a winner all the way. I didn't care for FVF, but YMMV. I'll try Capstan one of these days - no hurry.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
roth, lol. I would never be upset with someone who dislikes a tobacco I enjoy. Not every one can have the tastes of a gourmand. lol
Jud, you might want to get around to the Capstan sooner, I think you will enjoy it and you will want to start the aging process as quickly as possible. I honestly believe this will be incredible in 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.